Sean could see the shift in his best friend. He knew her like the back of his hand, like when she got nervous she would tap her foot and take her hair in between her fingers and play with it. When she got anxious, her palms began to sweat, her breath began to quicken. Since she's had a lot more episodes lately, he's been staying over more.

Tonight was one of those nights. Sean jolted up in bed, placing the phone to his ear and was immediately hit by his best friends sobs, unable to make out the words that were coming from her mouth, he threw on his shirt before racing down to Kaycee's house.

He unlocked the door to her bedroom with his spare key, running down to find her sitting on the bathroom floor. Sean sat there against the cold tile, her salty tears soaking his shirt as she clutched his chest, their foreheads were touching as silent whimpers left her lips. Her eyes were glued shut the blackness comforting in an unexplainable way.

"I'm sorry, Sean." Kaycee whispered, turning over onto her side as he slid under the covers beside her. "I hate that I keep you dragging you into my problems."

"Kayc, I will always be here for you... no matter what."

A small smile tugged at the ends of her mouth as she pushed herself up into a sitting position, taking Sean's hands into hers. "Sean... I need to tell you something."

Sean sat up, a warm smile his lips. "What is it?"

"I've never told anyone this before and I know we're still figuring out our feelings towards each other, but I can't hide this anymore. I'm just so scared people won't look at me the same way."

"Kayc, whatever you say will never make me see you any differently or make me feel differently towards you."

Kaycee took a deep breath, tears stinging her eyes as she finally found the courage to speak the words that have been on the tip of her tongue for years. "I'm bisexual."

A small chuckle left Sean's lips as he engulfed her into a hug, tears spilling down his face as he wiped away hers. "Kayc, I know... I've always known."

"So you accept me?"

"Kaycee Rice, you are my best friend and I would accept you no matter what. Of course I accept you, I always will." Sean says softly, smiling as she fell against his chest, holding her as tears poured down her cheeks.

"God, you have no idea how amazing it feels to say that out loud." She whimpered, a sigh leaving her lips as he pressed his lips to her forehead. "How did you know?"

"Trust me, I saw the way you eyed some of the girls in our classes." Sean laughed, falling back into mattress, her head laying against his stomach. "I know you like the back of my hand."

Then in a second, the smile was wiped off her face, her teeth clenched down on her lip - her lips turning red as her throat began to tighten, her hazel orbs painted with tears. "What about my family, my friends - what if they don't accept me?"

Sean took this opportunity to turn over onto his side, cupping her cheek with his hand as he whispered softly to her. "They will accept you because they love you and if they don't then that's their fault because they will be missing out on such an amazing person."

"So when should I tell them?"

"Whenever you're ready." Sean hummed. "And when the time comes, I will be by your side. And when you decide it's time for the world to know, I will be your biggest supporter." "

"I'll let you know when I'm ready."

FEW MONTHS LATER

Sean ran his hand through her ponytail watching as the phone sat in the palm of her trembling hand. Kaycee sat in his lap, her head resting against his chest as her thumb hovered over the posting button.

"What if the world isn't ready for this version of Kaycee?"

"You've always been this Kaycee, nothing has changed, angel." Sean pressed a kiss to her temple, his finger gently tracing circles against her leg.

"Here it goes!" She squealed, throwing her phone across the room as it posted, hearing as her phone began to explode with messages. "Oh my god, I did it. I just came out to the world, to everyone!"

kayceericeofficalbi the way, i'm bisexual :)

kayceericeoffical
bi the way, i'm bisexual :)

view all 80,000 comments

seanlew: im proud of you baby

seayceechats: I CALLED IT

shiningseaycee: oh my god baby im so proud of you! 🏳️‍🌈

seayceesuss: im SOBBING

Kaycee began tearing up as she began to read the kind messages left from her friends, and supporters. Of course there were some negative comments, but that didn't matter to her.

Her family all rushed into the room, cheeks wet with tears as they all engulfed her into a huge hug. "We will always support you, babygirl." Laura wept, leaving a trail of kisses down her daughters face.

The negative comments didn't matter to Kaycee because a few people who didn't support her didn't make a difference. She had a whole family and boyfriend who loved and supported her, and that was all she needed.