Chapter 19

6/18/19

After tinkering with the device for a few short moments when you got back to Bigweld Industries, Rodney easily found a way to set a destination. You were easily able to go home around eleven o'clock because of this, allowing you to eat, wash up, and check your phone. Your parents texted to see if you were okay, and you sent your reply, "Of course. I just woke up though."

Once you finished everything you needed to do at home, you went right back to Rodney. Thankfully, the device transported you to the front steps of the industry just as you wanted. Some of the busy, working robots greeted you if they weren't too busy to notice you.

On your way to the elevator, Wonderbot flew up to you and began to chitter. "What?" You giggled. He wrapped one of his wire arms around your finger and dragged you to Piper, who was working at her station in her room not far away.

"(Y/N)! Hey, girl!" She greeted.

"Hey, Piper!" You smiled. "What's up? Did you need me?"

"Yes! It's something very important!" She smiled, walking over to you as she leaned in towards your ear and whispered, "How was the date?"

You burst out in laughter. "That's What was so important?"

"Just answer the question!" Piper rolled her eyes.

"It went well. I got acquainted with his parents, we went stargazing, and I spent the night. Nothing happened, though. I promise." When you finished, you heard Wonderbot give a high-pitched wolf whistle, which caused you to laugh more.

"Alright, I guess I'll believe you." Piper joked. "Don't forget to come for girl talk every once in a while. You guys make a cute couple and I want to know how everything's going!"

"Sure thing." You smiled, waving goodbye as you left the room with Wonderbot.

Hurrying your way up to Rodney's workspace, you quietly crept in there once more. He was standing at a desk with a few tiny mirrors and magnifying glasses hanging off a post. You figured he had some documents resting on the desktop.

You quietly snuck towards him, but right as you were about to startle him, he turned around just as fast and scared you instead, causing you to squeak. Rodney laughed, exclaiming, "You should've seen the look on your face!"

"Shut up!" You huffed. "How did you even know!?"

"Lucky me, I saw your reflection." He smirked, pointing to the magnifying glasses and tiny mirrors.

"Oh yes, so smart." You rolled your eyes just before he stole a quick kiss from your lips.

"Thanks. I try." He responded jokingly before pulling up a chair by the desk. He sat down and pulled you onto his lap. Content with the position, you relaxed completely and leaned your back against his chest.

"So, what're you working on?" You asked.

"I'm starting the research." He responded. "I found some old books about humans. I don't know if I'll find nothing useful though."

"I mean, we can use this too." You suggested as you pulled out your phone. "My phone can answer almost any question known to mankind. You type it in and look it up!"

"Interesting." Rodney mumbled, gingerly taking the phone from your hands. You helped him turn it on and showed him how to use the browser to look up answers for questions. He didn't let you see which questions he was typing in, though. You didn't like the mischievous look in his eyes when he told you that.

You began to zone out as he continued to relentlessly search away, but you were quickly brought back when you felt Rodney's hands on your hips. "Now, how about we get to work?" He murmured into your ear, his voices sending shivers down your spine.

Gently placing his fingers underneath your chin, he lifted your chin up as he whispered, "Let's start here." He began to slowly place soft kisses all over your neck. You bit your lip when you heard him say, "Should I try to find that spot again?"

You didn't say anything.

He let out a deep chuckle. "No response? Are you too flustered?" He raised his head slightly to lock eyes with you. He noticed how you were trying to keep steady breaths and he noticed you biting your lip. The knowing look in his eyes sent your heart into flips.

Rodney went back to kissing around your neck, creeping closer and closer to the spot with every second. "D-Don't tease me." You whined. "Just do it, already!"

"But humans like to be teased with this. Especially ones like you, I see~" He chuckled before actually giving in to your whine. He placed a feather-light kiss on a certain part of your neck that sent shivers throughout your body. You tried to suppress the oncoming sigh, but you failed.

"So you weren't hurt earlier." You could feel his smirk as he kissed there again, slightly harder this time. "You just....enjoyed it."

He continued to kiss that area of your neck, eventually drawing out your voice as you murmured, "Rodney...."

He then began to trail kisses up your neck and across your jawline before finally kissing your lips. You smiled, giggling into the kiss while Rodney's hands trailed down from your hips to your thighs. Giving your thighs a small squeeze, you wrapped your arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.

When he pulled away from the kiss, you noticed the loving smirk on his face. "I'd say that went really well." He raised one of his hands to cup your cheek. "Your face is red, so must be I did that right. And you seemed to enjoy it~"

"O-Of course I enjoyed it." You said breathlessly. "It's kind of hard not to."

"Aw, did I please my girlfriend?" Rodney asked in a mocking manner.

"Yes, you did." You pouted. Smirking, you turned around and pushed yourself up, straddling him, as you began to kiss all over the underneath of his chin, your hands roaming across his chest all the while. You heard his body start to make a whirring sound and felt his metal body grow slightly warmer.

When you had enough, you pulled away and mocked his earlier statement. "Aw, did I tease my boyfriend?"

Rodney rolled his eyes before smiling warmly at you. "Now I know why you don't like being teased, but at least the feeling's mutual."

Returning the warm smile, you hugged Rodney and rested your cheek on his shoulder, quickly growing comfy enough to want to stay in that position. Of course, he let you as he enjoyed it also. So for the next few minutes as he looked through the book some more, you just laid up against him, your body facing his.

"Thanks, Rodney." You whispered.

"For what?" He asked, stroking the back of your head with his free hand.

"For being there for me since the very beginning. I owe a lot to you."

"No you don't." He chuckled. "It's fine. I helped because I wanted to. You don't owe me anything. Wanting to be my girlfriend is all I could ever ask of you."

You smiled with a hum. "Well, being your girlfriend is all I could ever want. I don't think you quite understand just how much of a help you've been to me, especially now."

"You've helped me so much more though, aside from how I helped save you from dying." Rodney smiled as you both shared a quick chuckle. "You gave me an incentive. You were there for me at the phone booth, and you were there to help when we were fixing those bots. Most importantly, you gave me happiness the entire time and gave me the will to keep going."

Smiling brighter, you hugged Rodney even tighter after hearing those words.

"(Y/N), I love you. I really do."

"And I love you just as much." You replied softly as you began to drift off to sleep in his caring embrace while Rodney went back to reading out of his book. The last thing you remembered before falling asleep was feeling a light kiss being placed on your head.