Chapter 17

1/23/19

You and Rodney ended up talking with his parents for a good few hours. It was mostly you talking with them, though. You and Mrs. Copperbottom were fairly good at poking slight fun at Rodney, quite often making him nervous or embarrassed. "Mom, we really need to leave!" He eventually groaned, ready to get the heck out of the house.

You looked out the window to see the sun setting. Only half of it peeked over the horizon of rolling hills. Smiling, you said, "He's actually right. The stars will be out soon, so we need to get going."

"Ah, going stargazing?" Herb asked.

"Yes, and I can't wait!" You cheered. "I hope it's beautiful tonight."

Rodney muttered a goodbye to his parents as he grabbed your hand and quickly dragged you out of the house. "Bye!" You managed to call before you were out the door.

His parents chuckled as they stayed in the kitchen. "He's really grown up on us, Herb." Lydia smiled warmly. "They're just like us."

"Yeah, that girl's special." Herb nodded. "I really like her."

When you got onto the sidewalk, Rodney continued to roughly drag you along. You laughed as you quickened your pace to keep up with him. "Are you still embarrassed?"

He stopped walking to stare you down with a devious smirk. "You think it's funny?" Your breath hitched when he leaned in towards your ear, whispering, "That wasn't nice, (Y/N)~"

Rodney pulled away to see the bright red blush tinging your cheeks and ears that you so desperately tried to cover up with your hands. He mocked your previous statement, tauntingly rolling his head from side to side with his hands on his hips. "Are you embarrassed?"

You huffed, folding your arms with a small pout. "Shut up."

Rodney let out a low chuckle as he swiftly lifted you into his arms, holding you bridal style. "I wonder how I'll get you back."

"Um, you won't." You replied flatly. "Only I get to mess with you. It doesn't go the other way around."

"Oh, but embarrassing you is just too easy." He mumbled, critically eyeing your smooth jawline. He leaned down and began to leave a trail of kisses across it.

"R-Rodney!" You gasped. "We're in public!"

"Who cares." He looked up, cocking a brow in a rather seductive manner as he locked his gaze with yours. "Would you rather me do it in Robot City?" You stayed silent at his suggestion that caused your blush to darken further. He chuckled. "That's what I thought. Maybe you'll think twice next time~"

"This isn't fair." You mumbled, your blush disappearing from your skin.

"Why not? It's totally fair! You started it."

"It's easy to tell when I'm embarrassed! I blush for crying out loud! You don't. It's harder to tell, especially when you try to keep it in." You responded.

"Aw, don't worry." He smiled at you. "At least you're very cute when you blush."

"My cheeks are gonna explode if you keep making me blush." You rolled your eyes, feeling your cheeks grow warm yet again. Rodney laughed as he continued to hold you in his arms while he walked.

It only took about fifteen minutes for the sun to fully set, but you and Rodney had found a nice location long before that. It was just a hill, no trees or anything. It did have a few small white flowers though. They almost appeared to start glowing as the sky grew darker. You both had really calmed down during the rest of the fifteen minute walk, as you both stopped messing with each other long ago, which added an extra layer of peace to the already quiet atmosphere.