Chapter 7

1/13/19

"Wow, that was amazing!" Rodney beamed with a laugh. After leaping through the gate, Cappy led you and Rodney to a helicopter aircraft. Fender split up with you all, taking Loretta home. You had snickered when he told you, realizing that Fender had been more involved with getting a new girlfriend than the mission itself. "So where do we go now?"

"I'm taking you to the train station." The mysterious female replied sternly. You gasped from where you sat in the backseat of the copter. If Rodney went home, you really wouldn't go back home!

"What!?" Rodney nearly shrieked, obviously opposed to her plan. "No way!"

"You don't know what you're dealing with here. Ratchet is gonna use your head for a hood ornament!" She snapped.

"Look, I'm not leaving until I find Bigweld!" Rodney declared firmly as he stood his ground, refusing to abandon his longtime goal.

"Oh, that's not-"

"Listen." He said, interrupting her. "I need to do this. I promised my friend back there," he pointed over his shoulder at you, "that I would help her. Bigweld is the only one who can do it. So I'm not leaving!"

The female was quiet for a second. She looked into the rear view mirror, observing you critically. "What, does she need parts?" A look of distaste appeared on her face. "She looks perfectly fine to me. In fact, a little too fine to be needing any help." You rolled your eyes, scowling at both her comment and her tone. She really wasn't making a good impression, and obviously wasn't trying to hide her disgust.

"But you don't really know that, do you?" Rodney spoke up, defending you. "She really needs help, whether it looks like it or not, and I intend to keep my promise, so I'm finding Bigweld. Can't you take us to him?"

The female said nothing until letting out a sigh. "I must be out of my mind." She pressed harder on the pedal, the sudden acceleration pushing all three of you further back against your seats.

The flight was overall very quiet. The female didn't seem pleased with having to take the two of you to Bigweld, probably because you were part of the equation, but you didn't care. You didn't know why Rodney was quiet. You figured he could probably feel the tension from her. Unlike the others, you were fairly occupied in the backseat.

You looked out the large window in awe at the beauty of Robot City below. The view was stunning, having a crisp, clear view all the way to the far horizon. The city was bright, illuminated by sparkling lights of many colors. Honestly, the city seemed very dreamy and surreal at night. There was a great difference in tranquility between its busy daytime and peaceful night.

Either you were really absorbed in the city's scenery to really have any sense of time, or the trip was genuinely short, but the flight seemed super short and easy. The female landed on the top of a tall building. She exited the copter while Rodney helped you out. Wonderbot whizzed around your head as the two of you followed the female up the steps.

Rodney eagerly approached the gigantic, circular door and began to relentlessly ring the doorbell. After a minute of futile attempts, the female spoke hastily. "Okay, we tried. Let's get outta here."

"No no, something's up. Look at all these newspapers and this mail." The blue robot gestured the the absolute mountain of newspapers at the foot of the door.

"Oh, come on. They probably stopped delivering these years ago." she groaned, giving one a kick.

"Paper!" You heard a male shout. You watched as a newspaper came flying towards the female, hitting her in the face. You and Wonderbot snickered, but the small robot's laughter was cut short when he too got hit by a paper. "Late edition." The mailman added. You giggled at the scowling robot.