•Two•

Kendall Wright...

"So are you going to let us hear you sing or nah?" Princeton asked.

I looked around nervously. Not that I'm shy to sing around people. It's because I'm sitting in front of Mindless freakin' Behavior right now. "Umm, right now?"

"C'mon Pooh!" Ari nudged me. "I know you aren't shy. We just posted a video earlier,"

"On YouTube?" Ray asked pulling out his phone. "What's y'all's profile name?"

"Kendall and Ariana," Ariana replied, leaning over Ray's shoulder to watch him type it in.
He played the most recent video which was us singing Forever.

"Wow, you guys are good!" Roc exclaimed.

I smiled at his compliment.

"But that doesn't make you guys off the hook," Roc continued. "I wanna hear you guys in person,"

"Oh lord," I mumbled.

"What song?" Ari squealed.

"Ummm..." Princeton trailed off.

"How about... Listen by Beyonce," Ray suggested.

"Alright, sounds good to me. Pooh, you start," Ariana replied looking at me. Soon Rays phone started playing the karaoke version to it. I was hesitant at first but then I started singing.

"Listen. To the song here in my heart. A melody I start, but can't complete," I looked at Ari signaling her to sing next.

"Listen, mmmm. To the sound from deep within. It's only beginning, to find release," she sang closing her eyes.

I started singing the next part. "Oh the time has come, for my dreams to be heard, they will not be pushed aside it turned. Into your own, all cuz you won't. Listeeeeen. Listen! I am alone at a crossroads. I'm not at home in my own home. And I've tried and tried, to say what's on my mind. You should have known oh! That Im done believing you. You don't know what I'm feeling, I'm more than what. You made of me. I followed the voice, you have to me. But now I've gotta find my own. You should have listen," I opened my eyes seeing that everybody was staring at me. I realized that I just got all into that song.

"Damn girl," Roc mumbled.

Ari chuckled. "You barely even let me sing,"

"Sorry," I giggled. "I kinda got all into it,"

"Well I see that,"

"You guys are great by the way," Roc complimented taking all the attention off of me.

"Thanks," Ari and I replied in unison.

"You guys should really show Walter what yall got. He might consider signing you guys," Prince said.

"Really?!" I squealed. "You think he would,"

He nodded. Then it was just an awkward silence.

"Why are you guys in South Central anyways?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Concert," Prince shrugged.

"Here?!" Ari squealed. They nodded. "I wanna go!"

"Ari. You know we don't have any money,"

"But Pooh!" She whined. "It's Mindless freakin' Behavior!"

"Ari-"

"Did you guys forget who you were sitting with?" Prince asked.

"Mindless freakin' Behavior!" Ray imitated Ari.

"We can easily get you guys free tickets," Roc added.