27.

Monroe's P.O.V

I was dancing with Kat when I noticed the club door swing open, revealing a group of men with machine guns bombarding the floor. My first instinct was to tell people to get down because these people weren't in a Mafia. They were normal people celebrating Halloween.

I watched as they all scattered as I pushed Kat down to the floor as bullets flew at us. We both army crawled behind the bar and pulled out our weapons. We both exchanged panicked glances as we cocked our guns. "Hans?" Kat asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Didn't get a look at them."

Kat was about to say something when her eyes landed on something behind me. I turned slowly to reveal a tall man holding a gun up at me. I didn't have time to shoot my gun at him when two bullets flew in our area. Kat had shoved me out the way as she shot the man dead, only her body fell in front of me, blood pooling from her left shoulder.

Her skin went pale instantly, the sight causing me to scream. She jumped in front of a bullet meant for me. And now she's laying on the ground barely conscious. "Kat? KAT! You have to stay awake!" I yelled, grabbing a towel from under the bar putting pressure on her wound.

A dark body fell limp in front of us as Leo crouched down next to us, taking my place and put pressure on Kat's wound. The three people with striking blonde hair Leo was talking to earlier ran over to us too. The male squatted next to us and looked at Leo. "They're after Monroe. These guys are under strict orders to kill her and only her. She needs to go!"

I shook my head violently. "I'm not fucking leaving!" I yelled at him as the triplets were still shooting people from behind the bar. "Listen, love." One of the girls spoke. "You staying here is getting more people killed. You want to help? Let me get you out of here. I'll make sure Santiago and Talia stay here and protect Leo so he can get Kat out. But right now you really have to leave!"

Hesitantly, I nodded my head and kissed Leo briefly. "Be safe." He spoke seriously and I smiled sadly. "You too." I leaned down to Kat and patted her cheek. "If you die, I'll revive you just to kill you myself, okay!?"

Arming myself with my weapons, I gave him one last look before running back into the chaos. All of the men immediately stopped fighting the others and turned their weapons to me, opening fire. Rebecca, I heard someone call her it before we left, and I fired back, taking them out with the help of other mafia members. I felt one guy shoot a bullet into my arm making me cuss, dropping one of my guns as Rebecca killed him. She grabbed my other arm and dragged me to the door of the club as blood dropped down my arm.

As we were about to leave the club, Noah came running in looking shocked. "What the fuck happened!? I only went out for a cigarette." I kept my eyes on the floor still shooting with Noah firing his gun now too. "They just ambushed us. Apparently they have orders to kill me only. But Kat.."

Noah immediately tended up as he looked at me briefly. "What's happened to her, Tesoro!?" I shot another man in between the eyes. "She jumped in front of a bullet. It hit her in the shoulder. Leo is getting her out now and they'll meet us back home. You should come with us now."

He nodded as we ran out the club and got into Rebecca's car before speeding towards the mansion. It was silent until Noah gasped about five minutes into the ride. "Rebecca Eastwood. Didn't even notice it was you until now."

She giggled slightly. "Nice to meet you Noah Valentino. And don't worry, Santiago and Talia stayed with your fiancé and brother. I assure you they will get out safely."

I watched as Noah relaxed into the chair as I felt more blood fall from my arm. His eyes landed on my arm and cussed, ripping off the sleeve to his shirt. "They got you!? Why didn't you say something sooner, Tesoro?" He stated worried as he tied his shirtsleeve round the bullet wound on my forearm. "I was kind of distracted by the fact that Kat could die because of me.." I said sadly, wincing as he pulled it tight.

Noah sighed as he sat back into his seat. "Kat's...well, Kat. She will take a bullet for those she loves without a second thought. It's not your fault, Monroe. And she's stubborn as fuck. I'm confident her annoying ass will be fine." We both chuckled sadly, but I could tell that Noah was saying this more for his own benefit. After all, that was his fiancé. His love.

Pulling up to the house, I jumped out the car before it came to a complete stop and sprinted to the medical wing. I saw Noah stood in one of the hallways with the other Eastwoods, blood stained on his hands as he looked stressed and worried. My heart dropped at the sight of him looking so deflated.

I ran over to him and grabbed his shoulders. "Is she okay!?"

Noah's eyes immediately turned from worry to relief as he cupped my checks with his hands. "She's fine. They're just giving her some blood and stitching her up. Oh my god, amore. I was so worried about you. We were leaving and I saw how many people were firing at you and it was terrifying." He rambled as he placed a kiss on my lips.

Pulling away, he was about to speak when his eyes trailed down to my forearm, wrapped in a blood soaked shirtsleeve tied round it. His eyes widened as he looked back at me. "You're hurt? That's bleeding badly, you need a doctor too!" He yelled as he grabbed the attention of a doctor.

I rolled my eyes slightly as he dragged me into one of the rooms. "I'm fine, Leo." But he didn't listen to me. He dragged a doctor in to take out the bullet from my arm and stitch me up. It took ages and I would've rather been out there with Kat.

Finishing the last stitch and dressing my wound, the doctor left me and Leo alone in the room. "Amore, I need to tell you something." Leo broke the silence as he sat next to me on the hospital bed.

"The guys at the club weren't Hans's men. They were.."

I cut him off by sighing. "My father's?" Leo just nodded, making me sit upright. "Wait, he has a whole army with him now? I thought he was just working as Hans's bitch."

Leo ran his hands through his hair. "The Eastwoods were in the same group as Macie, the girl from your brothers work. She was working from the inside to get intel. And, by the sounds of it, your brother and father have gone rogue and built their own army. That's why James stole all of those weapons from Hans. They don't take orders from Hans anymore. Your father runs his own men now. And they are all under strict orders to hunt for you with the intention to kill.."

That's fucking perfect. Just what I needed.