happiness on your wrist

Start from the beginning

“Who's happy to leave the finest boyfriend in the world, My Sweetheart?” Seokjin grabs his coat, pampering Taehyung's face with butterfly kisses. “Call me when you're ready to leave, when you're arrived at your dorm, when you go to uni-”

“I know!” Taehyung giggles. “Just leave already! You're gonna be late.”

“Take care.” Seokjin winks and disappear behind the door.

(ii)

Seokjin stares at the pile of files on top of his work desk. He makes sure they are arranged based on their priority once again before sighing.
He’s just about to make a call to Taehyung when his happy face shows up on his phone. His depressed mood instantly rises.

“Sweetie?” Seokjin doesn’t even bother to say hello. “Why didn’t you call me?”

“Hyung!”

“𑁋Jinnie.” Seokjin cuts him off impatiently. He can sense the younger is rolling his eyes across the line.

“Jinnie, I’m right outside your office!” Taehyung utters excitedly.

“What?” Seokjin replies lowly, dumbfounded.

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Seokjin is convinced his boyfriend is pouting.

“I’m happy, Sweetie. But how you get here? It’s so far from your campuss𑁋”
“I have my way. Please come here already.” Taehyung sounds a bit irritated, but his tone is playful. “I know you’re done.”

“Wait a minute, Tae.” Seokjin huffs, frantic rising up inside his chest. “You need something? Water? Tea?”

Taehyung chuckles. “Jinnie, I’m all fine.”

Seokjin breathes. “Okay. I’m coming.” He adds helplessly,”Don’t go anywhere. Not even an inch.”

“I’m literally 21 years old, Baby.” Taehyung is trying his best to keep his voice low, but Seokjin knows he’s running out patience now.

“Don’t cut the call𑁋” Seokjin warns, his free arm reaching to turn his PC off. “I’m serious.”

“Okay.”

Seokjin sighs, relief to hear Taehyung actually agrees. He’s kind of too protective, Taehyung once said, but the moment the elder’s eyes landed on Taehyung, he just knew Taehyung is the one, so the younger had no idea, he will never understand. Seokjin practically pinning over Taehyung for more than six months before finally, finally Taehyung gave in. The younger said it was not like he wasn’t interested, but the fact that Seokjin had been a succesful adult working in top company was overwhelming while Taehyung was still an ordinary student in uni.

But Seokjin made it. And Taehyung never regretted his decision.
Seokjin deliriously throws all his stuffs into his backpack, annoyed how he’s struggling with only one hand free.

“I’m on my way there, My bear.” Seokjin slurs, and he hears his boyfriend hums in contentment.

Seokjin ruffles his brown hair messily and storms off outside his office, glad that his superior has been home already, so he doesn’t need to chit chat. He goes to the elevator and presses the ‘L’ button, feeling slightly bad to make Taehyung waits.

“You’re still there?” Seokjin asks while he’s inside the elevator.

“Of course I am.” Taehyung replies, his voice comes out a bit shaky, likely due to lack of signal.

“Are you hungry now? Wanna get something to eat?”

“I wanna eat something you make.” The younger sighs, something in Seokjin’s head alarmed.