"And you look so beautiful with your hair down, Imani," she remarks, touching the ends of my long afro which also covered my forehead.
"I said the same thing," Hannah winks.

"She's glowing," Kenya examines my attire, a navy blue bodycon dress with sleeves. " I like this whole look."
"Thank you, girl,"

We all have a round of cocktails as we danced to the music which filled the room. Lights flashed from every corner, and we had fun like college girls.

It has been ages since I had such with my girls since we graduated from varsity. Once we got ourselves jobs and 'a pay cheque', partying plus sleepovers and painting each other's toenails while braiding hair was all thrown out the window.

The least we can do is meet for lunch, which is currently a big fail!

Kenya bumps hips with me and I loose balance, I know for sure that one cocktail is enough to make me tipsy.

"Girls, let's call it a night!" I scream over the loud music.
"Let's call Adrian!" Kenya cheers.
"You've got to be kidding me," Hannah deadpans.
"Let's go over to Hannah's, it's close by!"I suggest.

We waddle out to the road and Hannah pulls her phone out from her bra.

"Hello? Yes, we would like a cab right now, The Cordell Club," she ends the call and places the phone back where it was.

"I feel like a prostitute," Kenya blurts.
"Wait till Adrian hears you say that," I giggle .
"I mean, the man loves a freaky lady, he'll get a freaky lady," she says confidently, whipping her hair behind one shoulder.
"I should go to Martin's house and get laid too," Hannah laughs.
"Who's Martin?"
"Han-nah, you didn't tell her about Martin?"

"Hannah has a man?!" Kenya gapes.
"She was with him before she got drunk weeks ago," I pat her shoulder.
"Oh my goodness! Girl!" Kenya leaps onto Hannah and they both crash to the ground by the sidewalk.

"Damnit,you two! Get up, our cab is here!" I pull them both, opening the car door.

-
"Remember how we'd have parties in each other's rooms, and we bought Christmas lights just to turn the mains off and dance like wild women," Kenya says lazily after we all settled in Hannah's bedroom, all dressed in her pajamas.

"And we'd rotate venues and chase out our roomies," Hannah adds.
"We should've been suspended," I laugh, and they join in, laughing like toys with a dying battery.

"Varsity was a blast," Hannah smiles, her eyes halfway closed.
"When are we going to get called for some alumni brunch or something?" I scowl. " We were good kids,"
"Maybe we should just go there and demand one," Kenya slurs.

We laugh in horrid unison and sleep takes over instantly.

× × ×

Sunday afternoon arrives and I am at the hair salon for the long awaited hairstyle. It's still undecided, but surely the magazines here will help me get ideas.

"You know Sandra is with a white man?" I overhear one of the hairdressers say in despise .
"Eh, and I wonder what kind of mother she has that would allow such," the lady in the chair laughs.
"Does the man's parents even know what bride price is?" Another lady asks mockingly.