The silver Audi purrs to life once he's inside and reverses out the parking space. I couldn't see his face courtesy of the tinted windows, but I sure do wish he could've waved or something.

The sky isn't as dark right now, and I limp back inside to freshen up for work, passing by the living room to 'clear up the evidence' incase Hannah or Kenya drop by.

× × ×

"Thank you so much for your time. I guess that's it for now," I conclude the presentation, ushering the guests to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Wendy, make sure everybody has a good time here, I'm going for a meeting with Mr Logan,"

"Yes, ma'am," she smiles and does as instructed.

I enter my car just as my phone vibrates.

Messages
Christian [1309]:Just got to Logan Square. Hope your ankle isn't giving you any problems?

I couldn't help but smile at the text and find myself texting back in a matter of seconds.

Logan Square is quite far from Khale, but I reach the parking lot in time to round up in search of a good parking spot, scanning the cars for Christian's silver Audi in the process.

"Well it's not here," I grunt, turning into a free parking spot.

Logan Square is a massive restaurant complex with no crowds whatsoever, so don't expect stampedes when you plan on having a great dining experience here. This has saved me today since I haven't had lunch, so I can grab something to eat once I'm done with the meeting.

My phone buzzes a few times and I know it's a call. I bring the phone to my ear as I walked up the staircase into the building.

"Hello?"
"Imani, what kind of woman shows no excitement in seeing a family friend's son after his arrival?!" My mother scolds me over the phone.

"Now isn't a good time, mama. I'm on my way to a meeting," I walk into an elevator, thanking God a thousand times that it's empty so nobody can hear my mother's ranting.

"Oh so now you're busy? Even busy to talk to the mother that birthed you?" she says dramatically.
"Can I call you later?"

"No I will not have you-" I ignored her talking as the elevator doors open and I spot Christian's back facing me.

His shoulder blade print is visible and I watch him turn at the sound of the bell from the elevator, a phone in hand.

"We'll talk later, bye," I end the call and approach him.

"Alright, thanks for calling,ma," he smiles at his phone.

That must've been his mother.

And then it hit me, how his mother and mine are probably polar opposites. His mother might not even be as traditional as mine is! But let's not compare...

"Hey,again," he leans in to hug me.

That was unexpected. That plus how his cologne is incredibly seductive- as always.

"Hi," I pat his back.
"How's the ankle now?" He looks over at my leg.
"Getting better," I suck in a breath. "Ready for the meeting with Mr Logan?"