39 | Communication

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Blu's POV

After the song, Make It Hot comes on by Major Lazer and Anitta. My inhibitions begin to lower and my body runs free to whine as well as roll. Yoandri smiles and begins to dance along with me, the bass beating through both of our bodies strong enough to form a connection.

I close my eyes and slowly turn in a circle in time with the chorus. Yoandri's hands meet my waist and my back meets his chest, our fingers intertwining on my stomach. I hear him take a breath when I lean over and teasingly grind on him, feeling his fingers tighten their hold.

I laugh and lean back up, turning around with a smile at the shocked expression on his face. In his eyes flashes a flicker of remembrance and he smiles at me, "Hey, can we talk for a second?"

I nod and shrug, "Sure, what's up?" We begin to walk over to a corner of the hall and his fingers meet mine in the middle of it. My eyes flicker up to his and I smile softly as he seems to ask if this is okay with me. I nod and he proceeds to take a breath before he begins speaking.

"So I know you haven't made up your mind yet, and I respect that," he starts. "But I want to ask you anyways because you're just such an amazing person, Blu."

My mind begins to flood with ideas and thoughts about what his next words might be and when they finally do come my cheeks turn a warm shade of pink.

"Even though you're not mine, I want to be yours," he says softly while playing with my fingers. "Not because I'm scared of losing you but because I want to pour my love-"

His eyes meet something behind me and I follow his gaze but not before a hand meets my bare back and sucks all the air out of my body leaving me breathless.

His smile is the first thing I see and then his eyes direct themselves to Yoandri who had a bitter stare in his gaze. "May I speak to you?" Joel asks carefully. I hesitate but Yoandri simply gives him a warning look before kissing my cheek and walking away.

I turn to Joel just as his thumb caresses the skin of my back yet again. This time he leans in close and tilts his head, "Joaquín told me that I don't know the whole truth about what went down the day you said you chose Yoandri."

My blood runs cold at his statement and I inhale before he continues speaking, the breath not quite reaching my lungs. "Is that true, and if so care to explain?"

***

Joel looks over to me as I shove us into a room where there weren't a lot of people and I begin to explain. "The day you overheard me say those words, the person I didn't want to lead on was Yoandri because he had asked me out on a lunch date—and I wanted to be with you."

Everything is quiet for a minute or two and I force myself to break the silence before it grows in immensity. "It's honestly really easy to explain, it wasn't as hard as I expected," I chuckle nervously.

Joel freezes, and just looks at me with a blank look almost as if he hadn't heard what I said. He opens his mouth then closes it and I begin to hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"Wait, so you mean to tell me that this whole time I was the one you chose?" he finally asks me with little to no emotion.

I take a breath but nod regardless, watching as Joel pulls me out of my small crisis by sighing loudly then rubbing his eyes. His legs move him back and forth up against the floors of the room that upon further analyzation appeared to be the lobby.

When he finally does come to a stop I can see the utter pain in his eyes, and the hurt that I have caused for him to feel.

"Blu," he breathes out as he stops in front of me, his fingers coming to my cheek as my eyes look up to meet his. I succumb to the gentle caress of his touch and lean towards it, closing my eyes in the process.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" he asks so softly it almost hurts.

"Because you seemed set on you not being the one I chose. Besides you and Payton look good together," I murmur as I shut my eyes for a second before opening them.

The world begins to melt away before me as his thumb pulls on my bottom lip and his gaze softens. "Why would you ever doubt my love for you?"

In the moment of his inquiry I find my gaze falling into the brown eyes that never failed to make me feel laughter and joy; I see in his concern his tenderness towards me.

"Because I'm a nobody, and your definitely a somebody," I exhale before biting my lip and slipping away from the warmth of his touch.

"Blu—" he begins but I just shake my head and take another step back. "It's fine," I breathe out. Just as I turn on my heel his fingers grasp my wrist and he slips his hand onto my waist. He pulls us together and doesn't hesitate to press our mouths together in a tender kiss that helps erode whatever it was that was keeping this moment away from us.

A breath leaves both of our bodies as we break apart, stomachs fluttering and cheeks rosy with the type of affection most can only dream of.

"You are so beautiful my Blu," he whispers as his fingers slip down to my neck and stroke the bare skin under my ear. I shiver gently and he takes a breath just as he leans forward to press a gentle kiss to my cheek.

All the words not yet said are spoken and I press a kiss against his nose, his gentle smile a breath of fresh air. "We should go," I whisper as I see people mumbling to themselves. He nods once and that's all it takes.

***

"Can I kiss you?" he whispers in the darkness of his room. I nod once and he then sits down on my bed, my body finding a place on his lap with legs on either side of him.

His lips are gentle and warm against mine, his mouth sending me messages I didn't know he had wanted to deliver. Our hands wander the skin we wished to touch, no place uncomfortable enough to not make it pleasurable.

I press a wet kiss against his throat and I smile at the sound of a gentle sigh leaving his lips as I descend upon the skin of his neck with the same kisses. When I reach his earlobe I pull on it teasingly with my teeth before letting my fingers tangle themselves into his smooth locks.

A thought finds me in my head when his hands begin to travel up my thighs and his lips are slowly melting me into a puddle of mush.

"I love you," I release the words from their cage in my heart. Joel pauses before looking at me with glossy eyes and a boyish smile. "I love you," he pauses as he kisses me yet again.

"So much more."

__________________________

a/n

i wanT TO BE LOVED