35 | Soft

Chapter Thirty-Five

Blu's POV

After showing Joel the dare, deciding on two wins out of three, and determining that we would choose the body part after, we begin our battle to victory.

The first round, I win with a scissors to his paper. The second, he wins with a rock to my scissors. The third one, he wins with a paper to my rock and dread fills my body.

"Ugh," I sigh.

"Choose a body part," he chuckles as he sees the troubled look on my face. I sigh and shake my head, "Nope. No way, you choose for me."

He laughs a little harder and leans forward with a soft smile playing on his lips, "I mean I would kiss every inch of your skin if I could."

I shiver and nudge his leg with foot, "Stop flirting so recklessly!"

"You love it," he challenges.

"No, I love—" I stop myself for a second, stutter on my words, and decide to say, "—King Boo."

He shrugs, "Fair point. But I'm serious what do you want me to kiss? I'm not gonna tease you for where you choose, or judge you. I'll just do it. Okay?"

I bite my lip and take a breath before pointing to my neck. "Here will be fine," I sigh in defeat. Joel nods and pats his lap, "Okay, but you have to sit here."

I carefully slide onto his thighs and look into his eyes for a split second before turning away from his gaze. "What's wrong?" he asks as his fingers slide up and down my arm.

"I don't like feeling this vulnerable," I whisper as I tuck some hair behind my ears. He takes a breath before ducking down to meet my eyes, and nudging my chin with his hand.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, princesa. You can be vulnerable with me, I'm not gonna judge you," he whispers back. I sigh and nod at his words, feeling slightly more comfortable under his touch.

His fingers come up to my neck and I shiver as he moves my hair over my shoulder and leans forward, pressing a soft kiss onto my neck. Both of our breathing stops for a split second and when I lean towards his touch with closed eyes, he raises his hand to my cheeks and cups my jaw.

His lips meet the skin on my neck once again and this time they are warm soft wet kisses that make my stomach flutter and elicit soft sighs from my being. My fingers meet his wrist and my breathing becomes ragged when his hand comes to my hip and rests on the bare skin of waist.

The thumb on his other hand tugs on my bottom lip and he kisses my neck one more time before leaning up to meet my eyes. He cheesily smiles and winks, "You taste sweet."

I take a breath and let out an airy laugh before sliding off his lap and returning back to my previous position, trying my hardest to not look as disoriented as I felt.

His kisses make me dizzy.

He chooses a slip of paper that was near the top and unfolds it before laughing and passing it to me so I can read it.

Choose a place for the other person to caress.

I smack my forehead and curse Joaquín for his stupid dares. I look up just as Joel grins at me and slips his shirt off turning his back to me.

I slide my body forwards and grip my hands onto his shoulder for balance before removing them. I look at the smooth skin of back, the curve in the middle, and my hands begin to trace out the muscles that flexed then relaxed.

Wherever I touch I feel his breathing and he leans into my caress, almost subconsciously. I press a kiss onto his back like I did when we were outside and he shivers before I slide my fingers up his spine.

"You're so soft," I whisper as I press my head to his bare back. His breathing quickens slightly and I let my hands encircle his waist, my fingers stretching out across his abdomen.

We stay in this position until I lose track of time and I close my eyes. His fingers come up to my own and he intertwines them, kissing the palm of one hand before doing the same to the other.

"We should move on to the next dare," I whisper before I get too comfortable on his back.

He moves and notices the drowsiness on my face once he turns around. "Blu, you should stay the night," he says as he slides his shirt back on.

I shake my head and rub my eyes, "No. I want to do one more. Then I can go home and take a fat sleep."

I shove my hand into the bowl despite his protests and I read it out loud quickly, "Two truths and a lie."

We both think for a second and laugh, "This is pointless. We know everything about each other." I nod with a smile but say mine anyways, "My favorite color is orange, my hobby is drawing, and I suck at math."

He chooses, "The last one. You love doing calc."

I chuckle and nod, "Your turn."

Joel looks at me for a long time and I can see the turmoil in his eyes. I tilt my head in confusion and he takes a deep breath before softly saying, "My favorite food is buffalo wings, I love you, and I don't like Yoandri as of recently."

My body heats up, my heart stops, and I look Joel in the eye as he meets my gaze. "The second one?" I ask, hoping he wasn't serious, hoping he didn't mean his words.

Joel looks at me and shakes his head, "No."

____________________________________

a/n

i like joaquín better than joel sometimes but honestly joel is my whole son.