|1|

"We love you sweetie and remember it will only be for winter break. We will see you in three months," my mom says as she kisses me on the cheek.

I sigh, knowing there's no use in arguing. I just don't get why I couldn't have stayed with my best friend Emily?

"All flights from New York to Maine, United States now boarding," a perky voice rings through the intercom.

"That's you," my dad informs me with a sad smile.

I sigh and look back at my parents one last time before boarding the plane to Uncle Ron's.

• • •

After the 5 longest hours of my life I arrive in the small state and exit the plane with the rest of these strangers.

"Savanna Winters, is that you?" my uncle says brightly, whilst coming up to hug me.

"Sure is," I smile back, returning his hug.

"When's the last time I saw you?" he asks, adjusting his hat so that it ruffles his brown, slightly graying hair.

"4 years," I say, this causing his eye balls to bulge for a moment.

"Wow, and your 16 now!" he says, shaking his head. "Where has time gone?"

"Tell me about it," I agree.

"Here let me take those," he says, taking my luggage from my hands.

"Thanks" I smile and follow him to his minivan.

"So how's the home coming along?" I turn to him.

"It was tough in the beginning, getting all the boys situated, but it's gotten better," he smiles

I nod.

"How many boys are there exactly?" I ask.

"150," he whistles

"Wow" I breath. That's a lot of boys.

We soon pull up to the driveway of a large mansion type building, which I am assuming is the home.

"Well? What do ya think?" Ron smiles brightly.

"It's amazing!" I say, taking in the vintage building.

"Well, you will be on the first floor, with me All the boys stay on the third and second," he informs me. "The second is where the boys who are 'stable' stay."

"What about the 3rd?" I wonder aloud.

His face falls a little, but soon recovers. "The third floor..." He pauses slightly. "Well that's where the 'unstable' kids stay. They are the ones who have been through a lot and their conditions aren't normal: some are suicidal, some have extreme disorders, or some are just a bit... off," he informs me, making my stomach churn in the process.

I have to be in the same house as those types of people?

I merely nod and try not to jump to any conclusions.

"Let's go in." He nods to the door and I follow.

We walk into the building and I take in the view: pale brown and white carpet with some wood adorn the setting; there's some couches, chairs, and a desk. It's quite nice

"How many rooms are there?" I ask.

"There's a movie room, a cafeteria, and a game room, that's all besides the bedrooms of course," he informs and I nod.

"I'll have Ginger show you around if you want?" he asks.

"Sure" I shrug and a older looking blonde woman walks in.