That Damn Elevator

Tony sat in his lab, typing away at his fake computer. He had his phone up to make a hologram of a computer. He was typing faster than lightning. Take that Thor. Tony laughed at himself for a second before his straightened face came back.

Once he finished with the code for mark 52 he grabbed his phone, making the hologram of the computer fade away.

He was bored, and it was only 11:23 am. Ugh, he hasn't slept for 73 hours but he wasn't tired.

"Friday, where's Bruce?" Tony asked his AI. he started to shut down all the lights, by hand. Nothing else to do.

"He is in his lab, boss," Friday informed him. He nodded to himself and left his lab. He went to the elevator and waited for it to ding. It took a while longer than normal, someone must've been using it.

Normally it was vacant. He should really get another one. Tony added it to things to do.

When the elevator (finally) got there and the door opened, Cap was in it.

Cap and Tony only just reunited as the Avengers a few months ago, but they never really talked about it. They just kind of came back and Tony ignored him. Steve smashed Tony's best friends legs, and almost killed him.

He didn't care about Tony. He didn't care about anyone but that murderer.

No one was allowed to go down to his lab without the passcode, and Steve most definitely did not know it.

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked him. He contemplated even getting into the elevator, just staying here and waiting for when Cap leaves. But that would just seem pathetic.

"I came to check on you. It's been days you've been copped up here without talking to anyone," Steve said. He was concerned for tony? Tony scoffed.

"There's a reason I didn't talk to anyone. I wanted to be a lone," -I still do.

"Tony look- I just wanted to say I'm so-"

"Don't. Because we both know you're not." He turned to look at the super solider. "Because we both know you'd do it again,"

It would be so much easier to scold him if he wasn't so goddamn tall.

Steve had guilt written all over him. Yes, he misses his best friend and he'd probably stand up for Bucky again if there was any dueovers. But he would do it in a more peaceful way.

The elevator stopped moving. Tony knew exactly what happened. His tech doesn't just break down, he's not an idiot. Someone told Friday to stop the elevator. Probably Natasha. Always trying to get them to make up.

"Friday, start the elevator." Tony stated but it went to deaf ears. Someone turned off Friday. Bruce.

"Ugh!" Tony yelled. Pulling out his phone. Goddammit sometimes he hates that someone else is smart like him in this household.

He made a few clicks on his phone, nothing turning on. He didn't want to say what he was going to next.

"Open the door," he said. He was still on his phone. Steve looked at him confused. He was confused about this whole situation.

Was Tony on the phone with someone? If so, who?

"Did you not hear me? Are you deaf??" Tony said, aggravated. Steve realized he was talking to him, progress.

Was Steve supposed to try to force it open or just smash it down? He was thinking about it for too long, so he just decided to break it down. They were between two levels, but they could probably squeeze through it.