Time You Could've Been Spending Together

Did he knock?

It was almost four in the morning and he was standing outside of his door. He'd be fast asleep by now, wouldn't he? Of course he would.

He was going to go earlier. But then started to doubt himself. When he went to his door he just stood there, like he was doing now. He put his arm up to knock, but quickly pulled it away.

He went back to the kitchen and took a shot. Or two. Or three. He doesn't remember. By the time he did five he lost count.

But know he's back at the door. And what does he have to lose?

Did he even have to knock? It was his tower, he paid for everything. But it wasn't his room anymore. And plus, that'd be like, really weird to just walk in.

He knocked two times. There was no answer and he didn't hear movement. He knocked four more times, extra loud.

Steve bolted up in bed. What the heck was that noise? There was a pounding in his head. He couldn't remember the last time his head throbbed like that. But then he figured out it wasn't his head, it was his door.

He stood up from out of his bed and rubbed his eyes. What time is it? And why is someone here?

The knocking came back. This time constant and didn't stop until he opened the door.

When he opened the door Tony stood on the other side, his hand up to knock again. When Tony saw Steve he quickly moved his hand down.

"Tony?" Steve asked, squinting his eyes at him. Was he seeing this? Was he dreaming? "What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"Well, obviously I'm here to see you or else I wouldn't be here." Tony said in a 'duh' tone. Was he drunk?

"And I don't know, like four AM?" Yeah, he was drunk.

"How are you feeling? You shouldn't be up." Steve said sternly. He must've just woken up. And being up at four AM would totally throw off his new sleep schedule. He had to saw new because he never slept before, he just drank coffee.

"I feel fineeee," Tony said. He tried to walk into Steve room, but stumbled over. He almost fell over but he steadied himself. He tried to walk again but almost fell again.

"Woah, Tony. Stop, calm down." Steve was ready to catch him if he did actually fall down. "Why are you here?"

Tony finally made it into the room and sat on the bed. Why was his room so small? The bed was a queen. And even Tony had a king and he was a lot smaller. Even Peter had a king sized bed. Wait it was it a queen?

"Peter said something about fighting it dumb. And it wastes time you could've been spending together before their gone for good." Tony said, looking into Steve's eyes. Steve's breath hitched. What was he saying?

"I- What?"

"Did you not understand what I said?" Tony asked him with his eyebrows raised. Steve was no genius like himself, but he surely wasn't that dumb.

"Tony. You're drunk,"

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock."

"You should go to bed,"

"Maybe you should go to bed." Steve sighed.

"Tony, you passed out and now you're drunk. Go to bed."

"But I just woke uppp," Tony whined. Steve glared at him, it was impossible to argue to drunk Tony.

"So you came here so we could 'make up'?"

"And maybe make out," Tony joked. Steve just shook his head, knowing he was drunk. "I'm joking."

"I know, Tony."

"But that's not what I meant. What I meant by the sighting wastes time and stuff is that I mean Bucky. I know where he is." Steve blinked. Then he blinked again. He knew  where Bucky was?

"What? Where?"

"With T'challa. And tomorrow I'm going to call him and Bucky can come here. I'm not saying that I forgive him, but I know how much he means to you and stuff and I done being petty," Tony said, "For now."

So all that stuff Tony meant by 'time you could've been spending together' he meant with Bucky. Not Steve and Tony. Steve tried not to be hurt by that. Tony did this for him.

"Thank you, Tony. But will you even remember this tomorrow?"

"Yes, because although I am drunk now, I had this idea when I was sober. But you know I can't talk you sober, Steve." Steve raised his eyebrows.

"Thanks, Tony. Now go to sleep." Tony laid down on Steve's bed.

"G'night."

-

Tony woke with a pounding head.

"Hmm," he brought his hand up to his head. He slowly blinked his eyes opened. He then noticed he wasn't in his bedroom. Where is he?

He sat up and looked around. The room was small, like small small, and spotless. He didn't think he's ever been in this room before.

The door creaked open. The light from the hallway hit him. He winced and covered his eyes. His headache got worse from the light.

Stev stepped in with a glass of ice water and something in his hand.

Steve closed the door behind him, noticing it hurt Tony's eyes.

"Steve? What? Where am I?" Steve walked over to him. He handed him two piles and the water.

"You came to my room last night drunk, and passed out on my bed," Tony quickly took the piles.

That's right. He remembered talking to Peter, and wanting to go talk to Steve about bringing Bucky back.

"Thanks," Tony said after he swallowed the piles. Steve nodded. "I should go check on Peter."

Steve didn't want him to go, but just nodded again. Tony stood and walked to the door. He opened the door and before he closed it he turned to look at Steve.

"What time is it?" Steve checked his watch.

"Ten am."

"Exact time?"

"What? Oh, 9:53." Tony nodded and started to walk away. He'd call T'challa later.

Tony went to the elevator and went to Peter's floor. He knocked on the door, but didn't wait for a reply before he opened the door.

Tony saw Peter asleep on his side. Tony's eyes softened. He looked to peaceful sleeping. He walked towards him and sat down on the bed.

"Pete... Pete time to get up," he shook him a little bit. Peter started to move slowly. He turned and looked up at Tony.

"Mr. Stark?" He asked, his voice slightly off since he just woke up.

"Good morning Peter. And you don't have to call me Mr. Stark, you know." Peter slowly sat up, his eyes were still adjusting to the light from the crack of the curtains.

"It's just a natural thing to call you that," Peter explained. Tony nodded, of course it was. He's never used his real name before.

"Well maybe it shouldn't be anymore," Peter just shrugged.

"Now c'mon Pete. It's ten, lets go out for breakfast."

-

Awww. Poor Steve :(

Whatcha think? I wanna know.

-Love You All💞