Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, (Y/n) pulled herself out of Tony's arms and shook him awake. It was the big day and he was going with Jonas to the church to get ready while she stayed with Dani and the bridesmaids at the tower. Once the boys were gone, Danielle and (Y/n) were a two woman team of helping the two other bridesmaids into their turquoise dresses. There was a hired makeup artist and a hair stylist that were working on Dani while the others got ready. (Y/n) couldn't help but watch as they transformed her little girl into a beautiful young woman before her very eyes.

"Mum, you're staring. Is it bad?" Dani fidgeted with a curl nervously. The older woman crossed the room and carefully touched her daughters cheek.

"You look perfect, sweetheart." She fought back tears as she looked at her. Dani laughed to hide her own emotions.

"Careful not to smudge me, that lady worked hard."

"Of course. I'll leave you be and go get dressed myself. Oh." (Y/n) ran to her room and came back with a small box and handed it to her daughter. "Something old, something new," She gestured to the wedding dress that Tony had made after his own mothers dress that covered those criteria.

"Something borrowed, something blue." Dani opened the little box and gasped.

"It was given to my father by my paternal grandmother, your great grandmother, to give to me when I got married." (Y/n) pulled the sapphire necklace into her hand, running her thumb over the delicate chain work. She clasped it around her daughter's neck and adjusted it so it sat perfectly aligned on her chest. "I think it suits you better."

"Thank you." Dani placed her hand on the necklace and smiled. "Now go get ready, we have a wedding to get to!"

(Y/n) unzipped the dress bag and slipped her clothes off before putting on the red lacy dress. She brushed her hair out and carefully pinned it into a braided bun. Her hands were shaking as she slid the last bobby pin into place. Her bedroom door opened and Danielle came in, dressed in her cute bridesmaid dress.

"Hey sweetpea, how are you holding up?" She tucked a stray hair into her friends braid. She could tell there was a hurricane of emotion that (Y/n) was trying to keep at bay.

"Why is everyone asking me that?" She sighed. "I'll be okay. Though, if one more person asks, I won't be." She laughed bitterly.

"Sorry, I just worry about you." Danielle glanced at her phone and 'tsked'. "We better round up the girls and head to the church." The two best friends went to the living room and helped Dani's two friends finish getting ready.