Chapter Six

(Y/n) smiled as she listened to her daughter go on and on about her time in New York.

"I got to meet uncle Rhodey, mum! And I met the Avengers, Captain America told me about grandma and grandpa, and Peggy. Oh, I wished you could have been there!" Dani rambled.

"I'm so happy you got to meet everyone."

"We got you a plane ticket so you can come visit. There's a lot to discuss and plan, what with the venue and guest list, and the dress." She really was happy for Dani, but the thought of visiting so soon made her nauseous. "And dad said he would pay for everything, no matter how hard Jonas and I convinced him not to."

"Thank you, sweetheart, but I don't know if I'm ready to see him."

"You sound just like he did. I promise this isn't like the Parent Trap." Dani laughed.

"Alright, alright, I'll come." (Y/n) sighed, already apprehensive of the whole thing.

"Great! You leave tomorrow night, Jonas and I'll pick you up at JFK. Love you, mum, see you soon."

"I love you, too, sweetheart." Dani hung up, leaving (Y/n) alone. She wasn't scared to see him because she left. No, she was scared because he had moved on. Pepper Potts was his world now, and that destroyed her more that the day he told her he couldn't be a father. "You can do this, you can do this." She muttered as she went to pack for the trip. (Y/n)'s hands shook as she folded clothes and placed them in the small suitcase.

"Dammit, calm down!" (Y/n) berated herself, pausing her packing and staring at the wall. There were so many possible outcomes of this trip and she didn't know how many her daughter could handle, or that she could herself. Her phone buzzed. She unlocked it to see a text from Dani. It was a picture of Dani and Jonas overlooking New York city with a caption.

'Everyone's excited to meet you :)'

A smile formed on her face. Maybe this visit wouldn't be so bad.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm pregnant with our baby." (Y/n) smiled up at him through the tears. Her smile fell when she saw the panic and uncertainty in his eyes.

"That's-there's no way tha-are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"No, no, no, no!" He let her go, running his hands down his face. "How could this have happened?"

"Tony, it'll be okay. We just have to stay calm." She reached for him but he smacked her hand away, standing and pacing rapidly.

"No, you need to stay calm. You have that thing inside of you." (Y/n)'s heart broke, her worse nightmare coming to life in front of her. "I can't be a father! I'll end up just like my dad, having a kid I resent." A sharp slap reddened his cheek.

"Don't you ever say that about your dad." (E/c) eyes burned with pain and anger. "What do you want me to do then? Leave?"

"If you're keeping it, yes."