Chap 7

FEW DAYS LATER

"Damn, I'm late. Who'd know that mission would take so damn long?" Naruto cursed as he tried to take his bath as fast as possible. He just got back from his mission 10 minutes ago and it's half past eight already. Damn the old man. Gave us a week to rest and then suddenly drags us into a mission just because of some emergency situation.

"Hm... maybe I should change my style. After all, I'm getting sick with that color." He said and walked to the closet, take out a pair of black baggy pants and a mesh shirt. After he was done changing he put on a white jacket with 3 black lines on the left wrist and 2 on the right. He didn't bother to zip up the jacket, he jumped out of the window and ran towards the Academy.

"Oi, Naruto. Over here." Sakura called to him. She's standing with Sasuke next to her, brooding as always.

"Hi, Sakura. Sorry I'm late. I overslept." He said with a big grin.

"What's with the new look?" Sasuke asked after he surveyed the blond for a while. He didn't know the blond was so... muscular? His mesh shirt showed his lean abs, making both of his teammates blush a little bit.

"No reason. Why? Something wrong?" Naruto answered as they walked into the hall.

"Nothing is wrong, Naruto. You look... hot." Sakura stated softly.

"Heh. Thanks, Sakura. Let's hurry up."

-Half an hour later-

Naruto technically dragged Sasuke, not letting him say a word about the genjutsu on the 2nd floor. They went straight to the 3rd floor, where they had Kakashi greet them. They continue to go in a large room.

"So many Genin." Sakura said quietly.

"Oi, Naruto, over here." Shikamaru called out. Standing with him are Shino, Kiba and Gaara.

Naruto walked to their spot, smiling brightly at them.

"Hey, guys. Man, I'm sleepy." He whined.

"Why? You didn't sleep?" Gaara asked caringly.

"Nah. We just got back from a mission just about an hour ago. And we'll have to do this stupid exam." Shikamaru yawned tiredly.

"Look at Shino. He's sleeping." Naruto pointed at the bug-lover. His head hung lightly and his sunglasses were dropped down his nose a little bit.

"He's a genius in this." Kiba shook his head and got an agreed bark from Akamaru.

The whole room looks at them as if they were aliens.

Sakura and Sasuke look at each other, then at Naruto. They keep on with that until a grey haired boy come to talk to them. He said something about "information chakra card which caught the young ANBU's attention.

Naruto walk back to his teammates with Gaara and his ANBU team with him.

"I want to know about the red head of Suna." They heard Sasuke say to Kabuto.

"Teme, you're investigating my friend? Well, it's useless if you know anyway. He's very strong."

"Dobe. Why is he your friend?"

"We met before and made friends?" Naruto smirk.

"Ok here, Sabaku no Gaara. Genin of Sunagakure. He has so far completed 30 D-ranked, 18 C-ranked and 2 B-ranked. He comes back from every mission without a scratch."

"Naruto, can I kill him? He knows too much for his own good." Gaara glance at Kabuto carefully.

"Nope. Wait until the exam starts." Naruto smiled at his red haired friend.