Chap 4

-Hokage's Tower-

They walked into the office, noticing a boy in there too. He was about their age but shorter than all of them, dark-red hair and light skin, his green eyes filled with sadness and fear. He also has dark black eye rings like he's suffering insomnia. No eyebrows are seen on his face and on his left forehead is a kanji for "Love" tattoo.

"Ah, Naru-kun. Just in time."

"Tell me the reason why I shouldn't kill you, old man." He said slowly, releasing his killer intent, and subconsciously make the redhead jerk up.

Naruto noticed that, and immediately shut down his killer intent, smiling sheepishly at the boy.

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?"

The boy looked surprised. No one has apologized to him before. He stuttered.

"N-no. W-why a-are you so-sorry?"

"Huh? I said I was sorry 'cause it's wrong to scare you." Naruto smiled again.

Sandaime looked happy, smiling at the two boys.

"Now, can you drop the henge? I already used the barrier jutsu."

Naruto sighed, forming a seal and muttered "Kai"; his true form of ten years old appeared. This sudden change made the boy jerk up again. Naruto looked at the boy in apology.

"Did I scare you again? Please don't be. This is my true appearance. Who is this, old man?"

"This is the Kazekage's youngest son. Sabaku no Gaara."

"Hm... he's the vessel of Shukaku, right?"

"Yes."

"What do you want us to do, Hokage-sama?" Shikamaru asked lazily.

"He ran away from Suna and some of our Shinobi found him. I need you to look after him." The Hokage said sadly.

"Ran away, eh? Why did you run away, Gaara?"

Gaara flinched a bit, and then answered in a whisper.

"My father wanted me to die. Yashamaru tried to kill me and he said he didn't ever love me and I killed him." He lowered his head, tears forming in his eyes.

"Is that so? Well then, you can be safe here with us. We won't hurt you." Kiba said happily. "I've always want a younger brother."

"No, Inu. Gaara will be with Naruto."

"Damn. Why?"

"They both are Jinchuuriki, it's easier for them to connect."

Naruto approached the smaller boy and reached out to carry him. Gaara looked a bit surprise with the contact, yelling in fear.

"NO! Please don't hurt me!"

Surprisingly, his sand had no reaction.

"It's alright. I won't hurt you. Don't be scared now. Just sleep."

The redhead panicked more.

"I can't sleep. Mother won't let me. A-and every time I sleep, I kill."

"You can sleep. Now sleep."

Shukaku, don't you dare come out.

The sand demon growled at his warning.

Damn you Kyuubi. I just tried to protect this brat.

Protect him or take over his body? I'll reseal you later. And I'm not Kyuubi. Just his vessel.

"I can?" Gaara looked at him hopefully.