Chap 1

A small blonde was running through the forest outside of Konohagakure. The boy was just about three years old, running without looking back. Behind him are villagers with weapons in their hands. They searching for the "demon brat" that just ran out of the village. After a while of hopeless searching in the forest, they went back. The boy, hearing nothing from them, started to relax and sit down under a tree, panting heavily.

He doesn't understand. He did nothing to them and yet, they always mistreated him. They beat him, starved him and locked him in a cage if he ever did some small, wrong thing. Almost everything he does, they considered it evil. And they don't let him get anywhere around the other children. For a genius like him, it isn't hard to realize they dislike him. Everyone disliked him. So this morning he decided to ask. The villagers said something about a demon that has possessed him, and that they wanted to kill him before it too late. He said he was not a demon, but people keep chasing him. And finally, they kicked him out of the orphanage.

He now looked down at his body. Bruises and cuts are all over his flesh, and were slowly healing. He felt tears begin to fall down his whiskered cheeks.

Why? Why me of all people? I didn't do anything.

Suddenly a voice rang in his head. It was warm and concerned. He felt comforted.

Kit, are you all right? Can you hear me, Kit?

"W-who are you?" He asked shakily. Although, he liked the voice very much.

Finally. The first time in three years you've heard me. Now close your eyes. It's alright. I won't hurt you.

He felt the warmth in his heart. No one has ever said that to him except the old man Hokage. He did as the voice told him to. He closed his eyes. The voice once again spoke up.

You can open your eyes now.

He opened his eyes and looked around. He was in dark hallways. In front of him was a large cage with a block with a kanji meaning "Seal" on it.

"Where am I? Where are you, voice?"

You know, I have a name. Come closer to the cage.

He did as he was told. Inside the cage is a huge, orange, nine-tailed fox, ruby-red eyes with slit pupils looked at him piercingly but somewhat comforting and caring.

"W-what are you?"

I am the great Kyuubi no Kitsune. I attacked your village three years ago and was sealed into you by the Yondaime Hokage. I'm the very reason that the village hates you. My real name is Kazama Kurama.

"You have a weird name. So did you do something bad? B-because when I-I did something bad, they w-would lock me in a cage, j-just like you." He began to sob.

Those memories are NOT for a three year-old innocent kid. That god-damned village. The fox frowned deeply.

Hey don't cry now, Kit. You're safe with me now. I promise I won't hurt you nor will I let anyone else hurt you.

"R-really? You p-promise?" He looked at the fox with big, cerulean eyes.

Yes, I promise. Now for your question. I attacked your village so, partly yes, it was a bad thing. But, because some of Konoha's Shinobi killed my best and only friend, a human I treasure the most. He was all I had. So I was very, very angry and went to find revenge.

"T-then I-it's not your fault. I-it was the Shinobi's fault. They sh-shouldn't have attacked your friend. That was bad."

Damn. You're too smart for three year-old.

"That's what the villagers told me." He sobbed again.

Ugh.... I'm sorry Kit. Didn't mean it like that. Anyway, I know a way that I can protect you.