About

Only A Northern Song

***

In which the eldest daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark faces her duty whilst having to remember that her Northern roots and her family will always be a part of her, even if the rest of the world wants her to forget.

or

In which Eddmina Stark and Willas Tyrell fall in love against all the odds.

***

Cast

Sarah Bolger as Eddmina Stark

'The wolf girl of Winterfell'

Daniel Sharman as Willas Tyrell

'The heir to the Reach'

***

Soundtrack

Only A Northern Song - The Beatles

'It doesn't matter what cords I play, what words I say or time of day it is, as it's only a northern song'

Willow - Taylor Swift

'The more that you say, the less I know, wherever you stray, I follow'

As The Dawn Breaks - Richard Hawley

'As your heart aches over life's fate, I know we never had much time, for us to give, but we did, there's something in those deep blue eyes'

Man's World - Marina

'Women are violets coming to life, don't underestimate the making of life'

As Good A Reason - Paris Paloma

'Every time you are succeeding, there's an old man somewhere seething, and spite's as good a reason to take his power'

Somebody to Love - Kacey Musgraves

'We're all hoping we're all hopeless, we're all thorns and we're all roses'

Wolf - First Aid Kit

'Wayward winds, a voice that sings of a forgotten land, see it fall child of war, oh lend a mending hand'

Daffodil - Florence + The Machine

'English sun, she has come to kiss my face and tell me I'm that chosen one, a generation soaked in grief, we're drying out and hanging on by the skin of our teeth'

Don't Blame Me - Taylor Swift 

'For you I would cross the line, I would waste me time, I would lose my mind'

The Fruits - Paris Paloma

'I'm glad it seems to serve you that I was born a daughter and not a son'

First Light - Hozier

'And I can scarce believe what I'm believing in, could this be how everyday begins?'

***

"I lived my life by duty, swearing do do what I thought would be honourable, yet I never liked it. I always thought my duty of marriage would bring me nothing but misery and suffering. I thought it would bring me to a cruel man who would mistreat and misjudge me. How glad I am that I was wrong, and my duty instead brought me to you."

***

Disclaimer: this fic contains mature themes and strong language that may not be appropriate to all readers.
This story will include scenes of violence, death/murder, pregnancy/childbirth, major character deaths, and scenes referencing/featuring themes of a sexual nature and will not be suitable for younger readers. Please continue with caution.

First Published: 23/6/2019

Currently ongoing 

***