Part Four: Revenge

'For the attention of the new Lord of Highgarden and Warden of the Reach.

I write with the sincerest apologies in regards to your wife, the late Lady Eddmina Stark, your father, the late Lord Mace Tyrell, and your brother, the late Ser Garlan Tyrell. While I cannot pretend to be saddened by your losses, the nature of their deaths brings me great shame. Your wife especially, as while she had made herself known as a traitor to the crown and the realm, I had hoped for her to meet a more honourable end than at the hands of Frey and Bolton betrayal.

Your late brother was a known supporter of the northern cause, as were you, but the same cannot he said for the rest of your family. Your father and brother were a great help to the realm in ridding us of Stannis Baratheon, as if not for them and Edric Storm he would have never fled the Stormlands and gone North where he met his end. To remember their service and to make amends for the loss of your father who had no need to die with the Starks, I will offer you and the rest of your house a royal pardon.

This pardon comes with several conditions. The first, all connections between the Reach and House Stark are to be severed. This includes your son and current heir, and I expect that when he reaches a suitable age he be sent to the Wall to join the Night's Watch. The crown will find you another, more suitable match if you wish to remarry and produce more heirs. If you do not wish to remarry then a bride will be found for your younger brother, and House Tyrell shall be inherited by their children.

Secondly, to prove loyalty, the Reach's taxes to the crown will be increased, as will the yearly supply of crops. This is in place of you needing to come to King's Landing to physically swear fealty, and to pay reparations for the damage your wife's family has inflicted on the Kingdoms.

Lastly, I would make an offer of goodwill that your sister, the Lady Margaery, be sent to the Capital to be wed to my grandson Joffrey, the one true king of the seven kingdoms. She will be well cared for, and will be an excellent tool in us building an alliance between our two great houses.

I expect you to reply to this letter within a month. If you do not agree to these terms then your pardon will not be granted, and I do not think it necessary to explain what will happen to you and your house then.

With regards,

Tywin, of House Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Hand of the King.'

***

'Ser Willas the Wise.

Riverrun is under siege and the north in chaos. Those who are superstitious tell stories of hearing a ghost singing in The Twins. The North and the Riverlands want justice, and I would hope the Reach does as well. If you ever loved my great-niece as even half as much as you always promised, then I would suggest you find some way to prove it.

Blackfish.'

***

'Dearest Lord Willas Tyrell,

It has been some time since you have paid me a visit. Dorne misses you, I miss you. My girls ask for their honourary uncle, and my niece longs for your quick-witted company; she says she misses your friendship. Myself and my love Ellaria would ask that you come to see us and our family soon. It would be a joy to have you, and to have you meet our newest daughter, Dyana. Another girl who looks just like my sister - I am sure you know of the blessing and curse of having a child resemble a lost loved one so closely.

Dyana is a wonder that you must meet, but there are others too. We are hosting other honoured guests in Sunspear, ones from the East. I am sure you would be interested in meeting, guests who are very keen to meet you, and I am sure these guests will be able to help you in your inevitable quest for justice.

With love, always,

Your good friend, Oberyn M.'

***
Word count: 714
***