Chapter 9: A Talk and a Fight

The rest of the week was boring leading up to Saturday. Freddy had actually texted Kaylin and kept 'forgetting' to give Lizzie her number so Friday Lizzie officially got her number. While they walked to lunch from their class they met up with Freddy.
    "Superhero question." Freddy and Kaylin said at the same time making Lizzie laugh at them.
    "You two are total dorks." Lizzie told the two playfully rolling her eyes.
    "Well true, but that's your problem." Kaylin told her smiling.
    "And why is that?" The latter asked her friend.
    "One of those 'dorks' is your brother and the other you befriended." Kaylin told her. "What was your dork question?" Kaylin asked Freddy and mocking Lizzie.
    "I forgot but I will remember later." Freddy said trying to think of what his question was.
    "Well I didn't!" Kaylin cheered loudly making the people around her in the lunch line stare for a minute. "Who is your favorite super?" she asked them wondering why she didn't already know seeing as they had been friends for about a week, which to her was too long.
    "Batman."
    "Superman."
    "Flash. Wait. Lizzie, did you say Batman?" Kaylin asked her friend who she thought was all rainbows and butterflies.
    "Yes." After getting a confused look from Kaylin she elaborated. "He is dark and mysterious and I want to know more about him." Lizzie told the red head.
    "Whatever." Kaylin said shaking her head at her friend before eating her food.
After lunch the clock ticked slowly and the new girl of the week was ready for it to be over.
    End of the Day.

The bell was a few minutes away from dinging. Kaylin sat at the table bored out of her mind tapping her foot to the Fall Out Boy song playing through her earbuds. Getting an idea the girl raised her hand and was allowed to leave the classroom. Without notice of the teacher she brought her bag out with her and headed to her locker to get the remainder of her things. Just as she had shut her locker the bell rang and she smiled to herself. She was about to walk out of the school and go find Freddy or Lizzie when she was stopped by a group of girls who pulled her to the side.
    "This isn't how I expected to get kidnapped." Kaylin said quietly to herself. The three girls around her started laughing for a second, which to the redhead sounded fake.
    "We want to ask you a question." The girl in the middle said as if she ran the whole school.
    "Did you have to drag me into the corner? I mean it's comfy, just not my scene." Kaylin said, the second sentence coming out as sarcasm which the girl who spoke up to her first was the only one who seemed to notice. The other two girls understood what she had just done after about a minute. The three girls all looked similar, it was clear they were triplets.They had brown hair that looked similar to the color of carmel, they had green eyes, except the girl in the middle had blue ones so you could slightly tell the difference.
    "Why do you hang out with that loser and the cripple loser?" She asked cutting to the chase. Kaylin freaked out on the inside and was mad her friends were thought of losers. Though those feelings were strong and Kaylin was not a very calm person when it came to her friends and family being insulted, she kept a calm exterior.
    "Oh, I get it." Kaylin said feigning surprise to the three girls in front of her who waited for her to continue .
    "You get what?" The blue eyed triplet asked, seemingly annoyed.
    "You three, are like the live version mean girls, you know how there is the leader, the dumb one, and the third one is always confused on what side she is on? You three are them, except siblings." Kaylin nodded to herself, she had raged the girls as they were being called mean and dumb at the same time. "Oh yeah and," Kaylin paused for a second to get out of the corner so that when she finished talking the three girls couldn't just jump on her.  "I prefer losers over fake friends any day." with that Kaylin quickly walked off and found Freddy and Lizzie just as they were walking out of the school.
    "So that was a heated discussion in the corner, yeah?" Lizzie asked with raised eyebrows as she saw her friend come over to them, leaving fuming brunettes in the corner. Kaylin turned back to look at them and saw them off talking to the Breyer brothers who looked up just in time to make eye contact with the sarcastic girl who had been at there house earlier that week.
    "Yes well, we are about to have problems, and we need to move quickly." Kaylin told them, as Freddy turned to see the Breyer brothers slowly making their way over to the trio.
    "Damn Kay." Freddy said as he started picking up speed, Lizzie following suit. "So what exactly did you say to the 'Golden triplets'?" Lizzie asked as they were making their way to the sidewalk, moving quickly.
    "Well, they asked why I hang out with losers. I gave them a simple answer." Kaylin summed up for the twins next her.
    "Well, knowing you for a week already, we know you don't know what simple means so care to tell us what you said?" Freddy asked back while Lizzie nodded agreeing with her brother.
    "I may have called them fake and the men girls. Then told them I prefered losers. Also you guys are the 'losers'." Kaylin told them as they stopped walking for a second as she rambled.
    "Glad you agree with us." Two voices said from behind Kaylin making her mutter small profanities to herself while slowly spinning around to see five smirking faces. "How ya doing?" Brett the brother with curly hair asked.
    "Well I was good until you five showed up, so we're just gonna go." Kaylin said turning around with the twins in front of her.
    "Well," One of the five behind her grabbed her bag so she couldn't walk off.
    "You guys keep walking. I'll find you later." Kaylin told her friends who stopped walking when they heard the voice talk some more. They looked at her for a second before she gave them a small quick nod. "Well, you didn't finish." Kaylin sassed to the group. "Five on one I'm not really sure that's fair." Kaylin pulled her beanie down a bit so it would stop sliding off her head as she heard sniggering behind her.
    "Well, we typically don't like being called, what was it she called us?" the blue eyed girl in the midst of the group of five spoke up stepping in front of the two boys, one of which was still holding the strap of her bag so she couldn't take off.
    "Fake and-" the other two sisters had finally spoken up, but were cut off by the feisty redhead.
    "Mean girls, dumb, confused, and annoyingly rude." Kaylin finished for them. " Is that all you wanted? Me to retell what was already said? I could do it any time you would like but I kind of have to get home." the outnumbered girl pulled the boys hand off her bag and as she turned around to walk off she felt a hand grab her wrist. She ripped her wrist out of their grip and turned back around with an annoyed expression on her face.
    "What can I do for you?" she asked with a sweet voice dripping with sarcasm.
    "Our conversation isn't over, it is when I say it is." The girl voiced her thoughts. Kaylin laughed at the thought of being in a conversation she didn't want to have.
    "Are you going to give some big speech and then fight me?" Kaylin asked smiling. "Stop beating around the bush."
    "Fine. Get her." The brunette who had been talking the whole time spoke up again.
    "Yes yes, get me, I'm very scared." Kaylin stated plainly as the five people created a circle around her. "Do you five do this often? It seems like it." Kaylin answered her own question as the three girls pushed her into the two boys behind her. The two boys grabbed her arms so she couldn't hit back. The triplets started punching her in the stomach. Annoyed turned mad, the redhead stomped on both of the boys feet making them loosen their grip on her, she knocked over, picked up her bag and started walking away.

Hey, I know this is a dramatic chapter but I hope you liked it and I will be updating again recently.

What are your thoughts so far of Kaylin?
Lizzie?