Chapter 5: Music and Bullies

Finally.

It was the last class of the day and Kaylin was sitting in a boring history class with only five minutes left. With earbuds in listening to 'Hooked on a Feeling' by Blue Swede from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack.  She hummed quietly to end of the song and just as the last note hit, the bell rang. Heading to her locker she changed the soundtrack and 'Mr.Fantasy' from the beginning of Avengers: Endgame.
    "Hey!" It was the two siblings who still wanted to know how she knew. Pulling out an earbud she paused her music.
    "Hey." She said giving the two a smile.
    "Not judging but, -" Lizzie was interrupted by Kaylin who knew where the question was going.
    "The earbuds?" Lizzie nodded, so the redhead started talking. "It helps me focus, also it's kind of an escape but, it is nice to listen to." She told them slamming her locker. Looking around she saw a group of about three or four girls, pointing and giggling. "Who are they?" Kaylin asked nodding in the direction of the group.
    "Oh, you ever seen mean girls, that's them." Freddy told the new girl.
    "Interesting." Two boys walked up to the group and Freddy put his head down starting to leave his sister following pursuit. A little confused Kaylin shrugged and followed her two new friends. The two boys looked around and saw the Freeman twins. Starting to walk toward them, Kaylin remembered the two boys were the ones being rude to her and Lizzie that morning. Quickly cutting the two off to give Freddy and Lizzie a minute to get away figuring out where this was going.
    "Move." One of the two said pushing people out of the way, getting close to Kaylin, she waited until the two were behind her and dropped the books that were in her hands. As the two boys stepped on her stuff the one going to the right was moving and had both feet in the air, Kaylin quickly grabbed his ankle making him fall. Being dramatic a group of people stopped to see what happened making the brother stop and giving the new girl to get away. It took a couple of minutes for Kaylin to find her friends, but she found them.
    "Hey, we lost you back there where'd you go?" Lizzie asked after noticing Kaylin who scared Freddy.
    "Taking care of something." Is all she said before she took off running back to her house which was  two streets over.

    "Hey! I'm home." Kaylin said walking into her house.
    "Hey!" Her mom answered her dad still at work. "How was your first day?" Thinking about how it was, school wasn't as awful as other people made it out to be for her, it was boring and long but she usually enjoyed it.
    "Good, I made two friends and they are twins. Nobody else knew that though." I told her smiling at myself.
    "Playing detective now are you?" Smiling her mom asked, Kaylin had wanted to be a detective since she was nine after watching 'The Great Mouse Detective'.
    "For now. It'll be a real thing in the future." She told her mom while putting her bag into her room. "Need any help with dinner?" Kaylin asked her mom.
    "We are going out tonight because it was you and your sisters first day. Also we don't have any food and I don't want to cook." the girl laughed and jumped on the couch to find a show both me and her mom watch.