Chapter Fifteen

"Wait a second," Erik held his hands up, trying to digest the news Ivelyn told the Coven. "You just told Troy about C's visions? What if the Lycan's turn against us? They'll know C has visions and use it against us." I tried not to blush when he used my nickname. Ivelyn caught me blushing and suggestively raised an eyebrow.

"That would never happen, and anyways," she raised her voice, cutting him off before he could interrupt. "We're meeting them tonight." She told us matter-of-factly. 

Addie, Mir, and Kate were neutral about this. Kate wanted to make sure we played it defensive when we met them tonight, but other than that she was okay with the plan. Addie and Mir stayed quiet except for a quick nod. They weren't confrontational. Erik kept huffing next to me, clearly upset, but he bit his tongue.

"My only thing is that we need to be prepared for the worst-case scenario. It's like George Washington said, "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." Do we know how to protect ourselves against Lycan's?" I took a deep breath in, waiting for someone to say something.

Everyone just looked around. The cafeteria was extra nosy today, I think there was a Football game tonight. Someone thought it was a great idea to have a mini pep rally in the middle of the room there. A couple of Cheerleaders and Football Players were cheering and hollering. It was increasingly annoying. Although, I could see Mir wanted to join them. She stayed put.

"I've actually been trying to look up things about Lycan's. I haven't found anything about protection against one." Kate looked down at her hands. I didn't see a book with her today, which was a first.

"Erik, do you think you could ask your Grandma if she knows of any wardings or charms against Lycan's?" The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. I saw how people were looking at me, questioning why I was asking him. "You know since your Grandma married a Lycan," I added carefully. I knew he was still a little sensitive about that fact.

"Oh sure, of course." He replied seamlessly.

"We should take Moreau's car," Ivelyn blurted. "You have the biggest car. That way we can all show up together, showing unity and such." She only said the last part to sell me on her idea. I didn't want to admit it, but she was right. Plus, if we took my car I could leave anytime I wanted and they would have to come too.

"Fine," I muttered. I picked up a French fry and bit the end of it. Gran had been cooking so much, I found myself still full by lunchtime. This explained why I only grabbed fries and an apple today. 

The rest of lunch was about the same. At some point, we all stopped talking and watched the mini pep rally. Mir nodded along, mouthing the words to the cheer. Kate was scrawling something in a notebook. I went to ask her about it, but I was distracted by all of the noise. The bell rang after that. I grabbed my things and walked to Math class, which Erik was in.

He didn't walk with me. I think he knew how it made Daniel feel. I was leaving the cafeteria when Daniel caught up with me. I knew he wanted to talk, but I wasn't in the mood to discuss his insecurities. It felt like we had been talking about it forever. 

"Hey," he slid his hand in mine. "Are you coming to the game tonight?" He smiled as I frowned. I had completely forgotten about his Football game. 

"I'm so sorry, but I can't tonight. I have Coven stuff." I kept it vague. I had yet to tell him about my vision and I wasn't sure if I should tell him about the Lycan's. Troy was his teammate and friend, but it wasn't my place to tell him. It wasn't my secret. If Troy wanted Daniel to know, then he would have told him.

"Oh," was all he said. "Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" He was hurt. For a second, I saw a flicker of red in his eyes. It happened so fast, I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not.