Sweetness

I sat on the roof with my friend, smoking cheap cigarettes. Me and Frank weren't exactly friends, in fact, we kind of hated each other, but both of us enjoyed each the company every now and then. Usually we would hang out with a group of people, but tonight it was just us. There had been an awkward silence between us for a while but it became comfortable as the minutes passed. All I could hear was the sound of the wind and our cigarettes burning.
     "I know it's stupid, but do you think Rebecca likes me?" He turned to me.
     "Ehhh, I don't know if you're her type, but you never know." I shrugged.
     "Yeah, you're probably right." He sighed and took another puff of his cigarette.
     "I mean, there's no harm in asking her out, I wouldn't do it because I'm a wimp, but if it's that important to you I say you give it a shot and ask her out. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?" I nudged his shoulder. He sighed.
     "Yeah, I guess. I just don't know what I would do if she said yes. I don't even know if I'd be happy with her, I just really want to mean something to someone, you know?" He gazed the beautiful sunset.
      "Yeah, I totally get that. Have you ever been in a relationship before?" I asked, taking a breath of the fresh air.
     "Well...not exactly. You?" He replied, calmly. His words were like silk.
     "Nah, I don't think there's really anyone I would want to have a relationship with anyways." He looked down, seeming slightly hurt by what I said.
     "What's wrong?" I asked.
      "Nothing, I agree with you...I don't think there's anyone who would want to be with you either." He joked.
     "Hey!" I elbowed him.
     "Ow, I'm fucking kidding, Jesus!" He rubbed his arm. I giggled at him.
     "I mean, I don't know anyone that would want to put up with your bullshit." He stuck his tongue out at me.
     "Yeah, well you're not the greatest either." I replied.
     "Whatever." He crossed his arms. There was more silence. He lit his cigarette again, offering to light mine. I nodded in response. He put the lighter to my cigarette, protecting the flame from the wind with his hand. Stars were starting to become visible as the day was fading into the night. I began to shiver slightly as the wind became stronger. Frank handed me his jacket. It was kinda weird, coming from an asshole like him.
     "I'm good." I gave the jacket back to him.
     "Just take it." He shoved it back towards me.
     "No, I'm fine." I insisted.
     "Just put on the fucking jacket, I'm not cold." He tossed it at me.
     "Fine, I'll do it...geez." I wrapped it around myself. I chuckled to myself, replaying the situation in my mind.
     "What?" He questioned.
     "Nothing.." I smiled.
     "Ughhhhhh, just tell mee!" He whined.
     "It's just...you're so stubborn. I find it cute." I kinda let that last part slip.
     "Let me get this straight, you think I'm cute?" He raised an eyebrow at me.
     "No, just your stubbornness." I laughed.     
     "Aw, you really got my hopes up." He crossed his arms and pouted.
     "Okay, okay, you are cute, dork." I replied.
     "Well, I think you're cute too." He said with a 'hmph'.
     "Wait, what?" He really caught me off guard.
     "You heard me.." I looked at him with furrowed brows.
     "I don't believe you. The Frankie I know would never say that." I laughed, shaking my head and taking another puff from my cigarette.
     "Look at me." He said. I turned to face him.
     "Wha-" Before I could even finish he slammed his lips into mine like it was the last time he would ever see me. The kiss lasted longer than I expected, but hey, I wasn't complaining.
     "Now do you believe me?" He asked, pulling away for air.
     "Maybe." I replied, a smug grin on my face.
     "Fuck you." He chuckled. I scoffed.    
     "Asshole." I said, sarcastically.
     "Bitch." He responded. I giggled and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed slightly.
     "I thought you liked Rebecca.." I crossed my arms.
     "Not as much as I love you." He winked, throwing his arm over my shoulder.
     "So you're one of those people that are absolute jerks to the person they're into?" I said with my mouth wide open in a sarcastic manner.
     "So are you.." He kissed my cheek.
     "You're not wrong." I leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing.
     "You know when you like someone, but you're almost positive they don't like you back and so you just try to look for someone else to crush on since you don't have a chance with them, but no one makes you feel the way she does? That's kinda what happened with you and Rebecca, just so you know." He turned to me to see my reaction.
     "W...wow..I didn't know you had that in you." I just sat up, blushing profusely while looking shocked at the same time.
     "What do you mean?" He asked, with a more serious tinge to his tone.
      "I don't know, I guess I've always just felt like you don't care about me and you just kinda keep me around so you don't feel lonely." I replied, trying to make myself sound more serious as well. I ended up making myself just sound sad.
     "God, I'm sorry Y/n. I just felt mad at you for so long because I thought you'd never love me and that's fucked, so I'm sorry, I'm really sor-" I cut him off the same way he did me earlier.
     "Seeing you be a sweetheart is a good enough apology." I hugged him tightly, melting into his arms. I always knew I had feelings for Frank, but I tried to deny them for so long they almost disappeared.
~Time skip!~
     "If Frankie hadn't confessed to me that day, I don't think I would be standing here with him right now and that's kinda scary to think about." I looked down before Frank lifted my chin with his index finger.
     "You're welcome." He grinned.
     "I love you." I kissed him as cheers were heard behind us. I couldn't hear them after a few moments. Everything melted away and I was back to reality.
~End of dream~
     I got up, panting and waking Frank up in the process.
     "W-What? What's wrong, baby?" He said, in a panic.
     "Nothing, I just had a weird dream." Without another word I buried my face in his chest and fell back asleep as he stroked my hair. It'd been a year since we've been together now and I keep having dreams like that lately. I wonder what they mean.
_____________________________
Hey! It's been a really long time since I've published something. If you haven't noticed I deleted all of the chapters but one. I just felt like I could do better and I wasn't satisfied with them and I dislike my writing style in them (I dislike it anyway but idk how to change it) so yeah that's why. Anyways I've been working on this chapter for a while it's all over the place, but hey, it's something. I've been putting it off for so long, but I've been getting back into fan fics and I got inspired to continue this one. I can't promise that I'll publish more frequently, but I'll try! Thanks for sticking around, love you guys! Oh and I apologize if your name is Rebecca I kinda just made it up on the spot! Srry XD
-Luna <3