03 | THE PLANNING

Disclaimer: I only own my two characters (Livia and Sawyer) and their plot lines. The rest of the credit goes to Netflix and the creators of The Society.

Chapter Three

THE PLANNING

THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS passed by in a blur. Livia spent most of her time either alone or with Kelly. The teenagers had split into their own little groups; everyone doing whatever the hell they wanted. Livia hadn't heard from Harry since the night Emily's death was announced. The girl had given up trying to talk to him; he could come to her whenever he decided to stop acting like an asshole.

Livia was walking back from the grocery store when she saw Cassandra herding people into her house. Eyebrows raised, Livia crossed the street in order to see what was going on. The blonde was only a couple of steps away before Allie spotted her. The younger Pressman stiffen when the eyes locked and hesitated for a couple of moments before walking across the lawn to meet Livia. Something was clearly up.

"Hey Livia," Allie greeted her when she was close enough. "Where are you coming from?"

"Oh, I just had to grab some food before it was all gone," Livia replied and lifted the plastic bag in her hand, emphasizing the food she had taken.

Allie's eyes narrowed slightly. "How much did you take?"

"Not a lot, it's only me living in my house," Livia told her cautiously. The other girl was acting strange and Livia's initial gut feeling had grown stronger. Allie's little group was hiding something.

"Why are you asking?"

Allie glanced nervously towards the house behind her. A quick look down told Livia that Allie's hands were shaking. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh well, um," Allie began, shaking her hands out. "It's just that we don't know how long we are going to be here, and we don't know how much food we have."

Livia nodded her head slowly. The situation made sense, but Livia wasn't sure why Allie wasn't making such a big deal about hiding it. Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense could have figured out that there was a limited food supply.

"Okay, so why are you all being so dramatic?" Livia asked Allie, genuinely confused.

Allie stopped short and blinked at Livia. She let out a slight chuckle, shaking her head slightly.

"We wanted to count the amount of food we currently have. And honestly, Cassandra told me that she didn't want Harry to find out and that, by association, you couldn't find out either." Livia started laughing, loudly.

"I haven't spoken to Harry in like four days. You have nothing to worry about." Allie's eyes softened.

"Well, if you want to help, I'm sure you could come into the house and hear what's going on." Allie gestured towards the house with one hand, already turning towards the path to the front door.

Livia just shrugged, moving to follow Allie.

"Sure, as long as you're sure it won't be a problem. It's not like I have anything else to do."