02 | THE DISCOVERY

Disclaimer: I only own my two characters (Livia and Sawyer) and their plot lines. The rest of the credit goes to Netflix and the creators of The Society.

Chapter Two

THE DISCOVERY

THE NEXT MORNING LIVIA WOKE up with a large, uneasy knot in her stomach. Much to her displeasure, the blonde girl got little sleep during the next. Waking up in her empty house made her feel horrible and desperately alone. This new reality they had been forcibly thrust into was very, very frightening.

Livia hadn't spent more than three days without her parents. Her friends sometimes teased her for it, but she was a year younger than them all and had lived through a somewhat lonely childhood. Due to her parents work she moved around a lot as a kid, and they finally settled down in West Ham when she was in seventh grade. Moving next door to Harry, who at the time was the coolest person she knew, was a blessing in disguise. They forced introductions designed by their parents had led to the best friendships she'd ever had.

She got ready for the day relatively quickly and headed over to the house next door wear she presumed Kelly and Harry were. The two older teenagers had most likely crashed there after the party at the church had ended. Not one for subtly or discreet, Livia banged on the front door as loud as she possibly and waited for approximately four seconds. When she got no response, Livia slipped her hand into the potted plant, grabbed the key she had watched Harry hid years before, and made her way into the house.

"Rise and shine, bitches!" Livia sang as she jumped up the stairs. "We are still in this fucked-up dystopia, let's fucking do this!" She finally heard an answer this time, in the form of a grumbled curse from behind Harry's door. She grinned.

"You have about three seconds to either put clothes on or cover yourself before I'm coming in," she warned as she opened the door. Luckily, the boy was perfectly hidden beneath Harry's (expensive) comforter.

Livia frowned slightly at the sight of her missing best friend. "Where's Kelly?"

Harry groaned again, this time a lot louder. He shoved his pillow over his head and ignored Livia's question.

The girl's frown deepened. While Kelly and Harry had had fights before, they were small in damage and were usually resolved within the next couple of hours. Livia absolutely despised it when they two of them fought. It was very unlike the couple to spend the night after a party separate. Whether or not sex was a factor that night, usually the parties ended late and Harry never wanted Kelly (or Livia, for that matter) walking home alone.

Livia absolutely despised it when they two of them fought. Kelly and Harry were her closest friends and being forced to pick sides usually resulted in a bad day for all three of them.

Livia then walked two steps closer to the bed and jumped onto of it. "Harry," she stated, poking at the head of hair, "Answer me. What's wrong?"

He finally took the pillow off his head, though Livia suspected it was only to get him to stop messing with his hair. He glared at Harry, but there wasn't any heat in his eyes.

"We got in this stupid fight and she left, I think she went home." Harry told Livia. "I'm also pretty fucking hung over and don't want to talk about it."