01 City of my Dream

"Okay I got this; I can do this, NO REGRETS."

This was the World's smallest motivational Speech I was telling myself since I boarded to Plane. Don't get me wrong, this was my first time of going out of country!!

I was feeling excited as well as nervous, Reason? – The same... new country, new people and most importantly the New Start.!!

Finally..... I am on the land of Amsterdam... city I used to watch on Google or instagram...

My stubbornness comes out to be useful weapon. You don't know how hard it is to convince the parents and yes your overprotective siblings. When we say there are so many perks of being younger in the family but it comes with its cons also. And being a girl and that too in India doesn't help you either. It took me almost half of the year to convince my family. I started from my childhood to my young life to tell them how many times I sacrificed my wishes just because one of them didn't want me to do the stuffs. It eventually take emotional turn and they somehow permit me to go with condition to come back to India every year or at every six months – T&C*.

Now I am currently at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. I was mesmerized by the beauty of Airport. I just don't know why I love this city so much just from the photos and some information I got from Web. I love nature and maybe that's the reason why I am attracted to this place so much. And betraying my parents condition I am going to live here forever. Hehe, I am just joking. I know my mummy will come from India to Amsterdam just to knock some senses. Okay there is so much time to go back to India or to change my plans.

I got my way out of the Airport. I halted a cab and gave driver an address of hotel my brother booked for me for a week. The hotel was nearby the airport. Driver stopped the cab and only then I came to know that we reached there. Hotel looks nice at least from outside for now. I paid him and taking my luggage I entered the hotel. I handed my reservation to the receptionist. She greets me with good smile followed by 'Good Morning'. She handed me my room card and one of the helper lead me to my room.

Wow..... The room is so cool. White wall and maroon curtains and adjacent to it is small balcony giving a view of busy life of Amsterdam. I didn't feel to unpack my luggage so I just lay on bed feeling soft material underneath me. After good 10 minutes of my 'smiling at nothing' session I took shower. I didn't have anything to do for this week. So I decided to take a tour around the places with the not very famous company of MYSELF.

I changed into comfortable clothes I got outside the hotel. My tour guide was GPS. It is always the GPS though. I searched the places nearby the airport and I instantly got the list of famous places to take a tour. I decided first to go to any café to feed my growling tummy and then to some other places. I found a café instantly on street road. I ordered hot chocolate and donut. It took me nearly 45 minutes.... Okay not every person is fast at eating. It's one of my few flaws. Huh!!! I headed out in search of the random places.

OH MY GOD!!!!! One of my wishes... I found, I don't know how but yeah... somehow I was standing before the largest Public Central Library in Europe – Centrale Bibliotheek. I just ran to door and get into the library not caring the strange looks from people. For few seconds I just stared at the floors of library. And just like this I spent my whole afternoon in library. My brother would laugh at me for wasting my whole afternoon in library feeling astonished about the books I peek. From point of view of my brother he would take a round around the places instead of roaming in library.

After taking cup of hot chocolate from the upper floor patio of the library I made my way to god knows – GPS knows where...

I wander around the small gardens and small shops for the rest of the day. I sometime can't take right decisions, instead of taking rest in hotel room I decided to take a tour around the city!!!! And this stupid GPS also helped me. Didn't it feel to tell me to take rest? Blabbering ... I am tired now and it leads me to blabber about anything or everything. A fancy looking restaurant caught my attention. It was really very well designed. Few fairy lights at the entrance of it making it grand entrance are so fascinating. Amused I made my way to entrance of the restaurant. I took my seat near a transparent glass wall.

I gave order to waiter after taking his opinion about the dishes as I don't know more about the Dutch dishes. I asked him to bring a spicy dish and glass of water as I don't drink. I just hate alcohol not that I have tested it but somehow I start to hate alcohol thing from watching Indians movies, how lead roles of movie would get drunk and create a scene, some families fell apart due to drunk father, couples break-up and the list goes on.

After eating the food of waiter's choice, which was surprisingly good I paid the bill and get myself out of the restaurant. I decided to take a walk to the hotel. I reach to the street on side of the road, I saw a girl – a drunken girl to be specific making her way to god knows where. I see around to find if she is with someone or not and I find no one. And there started my debate – should I help her or let her go on her own??

Definitely you have to help her – my consciousness said. Here I come your knight in shining armour my drunken girlllll....

Ohh, I have very good relationship with my subconscious mind!! We are like those werewolf stories! But nevertheless my subconscious mind never get to turn into a wolf! Duh!

Crying!!!

Ohh, the girl!!!

*

*

*

Hello, there wattpaders!!!

So here is the FIRST Chapter of my VERY FIRST Book!

I have never been to Amsterdam. Every scenery in this book will solely be guided by the information i get from Internet.

Happy Reading!!!