NINETEEN ! billy never says sorry

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜ ꧂
ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER NINETEENBILLY NEVER SAYS SORRY

CHAPTER NINETEEN
BILLY NEVER SAYS SORRY

"HOW IS YOUR HAND?"

Jonathan asked Sara, watching her face screw up every time she attempted to write a single word to contribute to their project. They were in Sara's room, listening to her record player spin an old vinyl that neither of them knew too well, but found in her collection of music. Both were still processing the aftermath of hurricane Billy, imagining the many different ways of how the scene could have ended.
          Sara raised her head, meeting eyes with Jonathan and examining his black and blue shiner. His cheek was also bruised, forming a yellow tint. It was all her fault.

"Jonathan you have a black eye," she told him blankly, "my hand is fine."

"Doesn't look like it."

"Its fine, okay?" Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

He sighed.
"I'm only asking 'cause I care about you."

"Well don't," she threw her pen down, "I didn't ask you to care. I didn't ask anyone to care except for--!"
She paused. She had forgotten about her for a short while --- angry that she had. 
          Jonathan sat silently, watching her face unravel multitudes of emotions, all of which melted into the next like candle wax beside a fire.

"Sara, I'm sorry--"

"I'm sick of everyone saying that. I'm sick of people thinking that they're going to be the fix to all my problems!" She threw her hands against her head, pacing the room, "You all act like you're the one I need when, really, I need..."
She didn't know. Him or her.
"Get out." She said.

"Listen--"

"Get out, Jonathan!" She pointed to the door.

L A T E R

"So you just told him to leave?" Dustin asked, making himself comfortable on the couch, layered in pillows and blankets that nobody in Mike's house ever used.

"Well, I believe the words she used were 'get out'." Lucas rephrased from the armrest where he was perched, tying his shoelaces. He used air quotations as he spoke.

"So you two are over?" Mike added.

"We were never together--" Sara began.

"Wait, she wasn't with Billy?" Lucas asked.

"Are you all really that clueless in these situations?!" Sara shouted, her forehead beginning to hurt with her constant frowning.

          All the boys paused in what they were doing; fiddling with a walkie talkie, making airplane noises with a star wars figure and setting up a dungeons and dragons game. It was clear they didn't know the first thing about relationships. However, Dustin cleared his throat and spoke up, fixing his collar.
"They are," he gestured to the boys, "but love is my middle name."

"I just wish he'd say sorry and really mean it, y'know," she sighed, "sure, it wouldn't fix everything but, it'd feel a lot better than a punch in the face." Sara ranted.

          All four of them froze once the basement door opened, the old wood and rusty hinges creaking. Nancy slowly made her way down the stairs, her eyes bulging and a lump forming in her throat. The guilt sat not on her chest but inside her brain. What she had done she could not un-do, and the only way she would be able to stop feeling the heavy weight was to tell Sara.
          The boys stood militarily and prepared themselves, like actors going on stage. The tension was like gasoline in Sara's gut, anxiety murdering her insides with the toxicity.

          Mike stared at his sister, watching her eyes water. She was nervous and he could tell.

"Sara," Nancy started, a hollow haunt floating throughout her body and bones, "I have to tell you something." She looked around the room; at Sara, at the boys and the suspicious makeshift fort in the corner.
"I told Steve about Billy."

          Sara was never angry. She never exploded or lived in her anger like Billy did. But there was a breaking point of her calmness and she was met with a five course serving of rage that tasted bitter. There was a sound at the pit of her throat that wanted to crawl up into her mouth and through her teeth. 

"Why would you do that?" Dustin pushed himself in front of Sara, noticing the tension in her muscles.

"I was worried!" She stared at her, "Billy's dangerous--!"

"He loves me." Sara sunk in her stomach.

"What?"

"He loves me," she repeated, "and you -- you and Steve fucked that up for me!" She screamed.

HEY. IT'S ME. MOOSE.

WIAHWHAHH CLIFF HANGER

also I'm terribly sorry for not publishing sooner
I've been on 2 holidays
And super duper busy.

SOORRYYY

But I am writing the next chapter as you read this and I will publish it ASAP

ily guys and your comments make my day
also I've entered this book into the Wattys under the category of Fanfiction!!!

How excitingggnff!!!!!!

OK BYE <3