NINE ! sara and dustins help

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜ ꧂
ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER NINESARA AND DUSTINs HELP

CHAPTER NINE
SARA AND DUSTINs HELP

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, MAX!"

Billy screamed at his step-sister. They were driving to school the morning after Steve's visit. He was filled with fire. A burning anger that was destroying every relationship he had, and that wasn't many. Max sunk into the passenger's seat, noting that Billy was angry, in fact, no, he was resentful. Max could tell the difference ( surprisingly ) because when Billy was just being Billy, it was obvious in his smirk that he enjoyed talking to her like she didn't mean anything more than the dirt on the bottom of his shoe. But when he was really angry, it bothered him too.

"You're only mad 'cause even your girlfriend couldn't deal with your shit." Max mumbled, crossing her arms.

          Billy tensed his jaw, wondering what was really stopping him from swerving the car into a tree and killing them both. He shut his eyes for a split second, a tear rolling down his cheek. He gripped onto the stirring wheel, feeling his knuckles pop under the pressure.
          Max was confused. She had expected him, with his volcanic nature, to explode into a riot of shouts and raised fists. But he cried. He stayed silent, and cried, turning up the radio and letting the tears fall from his eyes.

"She isn't my girlfriend."

          Once they had gotten to school, Max escaped the car, not wanting to stay for much longer in case he processed exactly what she had said and felt differently about his reaction. Billy stayed with his hand on the wheel, staring into nothingness, letting himself cry. He couldn't understand. How could Sara do that to him? He had made her feel better. He had shown her that not everything in the world was against her. It hurt.
          All he wanted was for her to be happy, and she didn't give him the chance. He really believed that they could have been something -- whether that was just friends or more.

"Billy?" Sara leaned beside the window.
"I'm so sorry, but I think I've lost your denim-- are you okay?" She rambled, finally seeing his puffy, red eyes.
Billy said nothing. She reached to wipe the droplets plummeting from his chin, but he leaned away, an emotionless haze washed over his face.
"Billy, what's wrong?" She asked.

He turned his head, his eyes glassy and angry.
"You. That's what's wrong." He said, clenching his teeth and starting the engine.

"What?" Sara's eyes watered.
"Billy?!" She yelled, watching him ignore her and reverse out of the parking lot.

          Sara swallowed the lump in her throat, turned to Steve who was slamming his car door, shoving the keys into his back pocket and hauling his bag onto his shoulder. He ran a hand through his thick hair, looked up and met eyes with his sister. He knew he had made a bad decision, but he did it for Sara. He didn't want her to get hurt and if he hadn't stepped in when he did, she would've grown attached. Then, Billy would do what he does best, and play with her heart. Steve didn't want her to go through any more heartache.
          Sara stormed over to her brother, a worried tension in his arms. She shoved his chest back, almost pushing him into his side mirror.
"Did you say something to him?!" She screamed.
"Did you?!"