ELEVEN ! nancys call and steves hurt

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜ ꧂
ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER ELEVENNANCYs CALL AND STEVEs HURT

CHAPTER ELEVEN
NANCYs CALL AND STEVEs HURT

"YEAH. NANCY ASKED ME TO CALL."

Sara nodded, her ear pressed against the phone and her hand tangled in the curly wire. She continued twirling the wire around her finger until it got too tight and she had to thrash her fist around to get it undone.

"Sara?" A shaky voice on the line answered.

"Nancy. Yeah, it's me." Sara replied, quickly collecting herself as if Nancy was stood right beside her. She leaned against the wall, as the telephone was bound to it, as Nancy sighed.

"Steve and I broke up." She admitted, even though Sara knew already. It was silent for a moment, until Sara decided not to lie to her anymore.

"I know. Steve mentioned it earlier." she told her, leaning to the side and peering through the door frame, watching her brother drain the spaghetti, the steam rising above him. He huffed, bringing the pot back up to his chest and grabbing a pair of claw-like utensils and stirring the pasta.
"Are you okay?" Sara finally asked.

"I just," Nancy paused, sounding as if she had pulled herself away from the phone to mask her sad state, "I just miss how we used to be."

"Well, Steve is--"

"I mean us, Sara." Nancy interrupted, causing Sara to freeze. It was true, since Barbara had disappeared, Nancy and Sara weren't the best friends they claimed to be. They didn't have any more sleepovers and they kept themselves away from opening up at all. They barely told secrets and they refrained from meeting up after school to head down town to catch a movie.

"A lot has changed." Sara justified, staring out of the patio doors and into the glimmering pool. The filter hummed as the water gently swayed, it's blue and green patterns reflecting onto the trees that towered around it.

"Hey," Steve popped his head around the corner, wearing a dark green jumper over a simple t-shirt, "I'm just gonna head out, I've put your dinner on the table." He said, in which Sara nodded. His eyes softened slightly.
"I love you. See you later."

          Sara watched him leave through the front door, then jump into his car. The headlights switched on and eventually disappear into the darkness.

"I know. But I didn't want us to change." Nancy tore Sara's eyes away from Steve.

Sara gulped.
"Barb changed everything."

          Steve grunted, swallowing hard as he gripped onto the wheel. His mind was swimming with red flags and every nerve in his body was screaming for him to turn around. But he needed to do this if he was going to fix Sara and make things better again.
           He had found the shark tooth necklace in the parking lot of the school, right where Billy usually parked. He thought about keeping it for himself and simply forgetting about it's existence in a drawer somewhere. But as he squeezed it in his palm, he knew what to do.

          Steve pulled into the driveway of the Hargrove's and wiped the anxiety from his forehead. He knocked on the door.

"Steve fucking Harrington," Billy strolled out, shirtless and a damp towel around his neck, "I gotta give it to you... must have balls to show your face around here." He lifted his chin, scowling down at Steve and clenching his jaw. Billy was furious and seeing Steve, reminding him of Sara, made his anger worse.

"I know, but just hear me out," Steve sighed, taking his sweater off and tossing it on to the ground, "I came here to do the right thing." Steve raised his hands to the sides of his head, in submission. He knew what he had done was wrong, and in his irrational mind, this was going to fix everything.
"I lied. I lied about what Sara said. She doesn't know I gave you the denim jacket and she never said she didn't want to see you. I'm sorry." He admitted. He then pulled out the necklace from his back pocket, and dangled it in his fingers.

    Billy remained silent, slowly making his way down the steps of his front garden and throwing the hand towel on to the floor, just as Steve did, only with force. He furrowed his eyebrows, contemplating how he was ever going to make it up to Sara because he had left her so harshly. He grabbed the necklace.

Steve sighed once more.
"So, come on," he said, shifting closer to him, "hit me." Billy didn't say a word.
"Come on, Hargrove, hit me."

"I'm not gonna hit you, Harrington." Billy squeezed his eyes shut, a calm tone in his voice, however it rumbled, the fury leaking out.

"Come on!" Steve provoked, "punch me! Right here!" He pointed to his cheek, a scared yet desperate look on his face, "Just fucking hit me, already!"

"Steve--"

"Hit me you fucking coward!" Steve hurled towards Billy, throwing his fists. Steve punched him on his temple as Billy grappled around his torso, shoving him to the ground.

          Steve fell to the floor, hearing his skull smack against the concrete as Billy's fists met his face. Blood sprayed from his mouth as Billy's dripped from his nose, onto Steve's shirt. They scrambled until Steve couldn't find any more energy to put up a fight. But Billy's anger got the better of him, and he kept punching.
          Steve stared at the starry, night sky, searching for constellations. His hearing cut out, the only noise a shrill, constant whistle. He flicked his eyes to Billy, his face creased and red with blood. He didn't stop punching. Steve laid still, his arms sprawled at his sides, his palms scraping against the tarmac as Billy's strength shook his whole body. His fingertips bled as the tiny pebbles from the road dug into his skin. He was tired.

Billy panted.
"Why the fuck aren't you fighting back?!" Billy screamed in his face, blood smeared over his gums and teeth, some of it splattering over his face.

"I deserve it." Steve cried.

          Billy leaned back, pushing himself off of Steve's weak form. He scoffed. He had now seen both the Harrington siblings cry and he wasn't proud of it. He stared at Steve, convinced that he was no king of Hawkins High. He was a pathetic joker, who was a lying, manipulative brother and boyfriend.

"Get a grip, Harrington," Billy told him, wiping the corner of his mouth with his knuckles, "and get the fuck off my lawn." He mumbled, disappearing into his house.

🎭

AUTHORS NOTE.

HI. IT'S ME. MOOSE.

sorry for the short chapter but

i love bein dramatic

lots of luve

MOOSE
XXX

also i haven't proof read lol oopsies