Chapter Five☑️

CHAPTER FIVE:
HATE RUNNING

As Renata exited the lab she reached for her earpiece trying to contact the rest of the team

"Is anyone coping?" she asked as she walked down the street.

"Ren , I'm coping where are you?" replied Clint.

"I just left the lab , where are the others?"

"They are all downtown , I'll guide you."

Renata thanked Clint and looked around to find a way to get to the others fast. Her eyes landed on a parked motorcycle and a smile formed on her lips but as she neared the vehicle , a young man exited the coffee shop behind it and climbed on it , getting ready to leave.

"No no no no no wait!"

But it was too late , he had already driven away. Renata groaned and threw her head back in frustration , red hair whipping angrily around her head.
Then she saw a bike. A hot , neon pink kids' bike resting against the concrete wall beside the coffee shop.

"Well it's either this or running..." she looked down the street contemplating. "God I hate running" she breathed as she mounted the bike.

"Okay Clint I'm listening , where to?"

He started giving her directions , her feet paddling as fast as she could. With the help of Clint , she made her way through the traffic. She took turns left and right.

"Turn left!" Clint shouted.

She took a sharp left turn and screamed as she saw a metro wagon coming her way. She jumped off the bike , the wagon flying past her and through a wall.

"What the shit..."

She didn't have more time to cuss or wonder what the actual fuck was going on , as she got up and ran after it.
A blue-white flash pasted her with incredible speed. The streak slowed down , revealing it to be an almost white haired boy , holding a civilian. The boy zoomed again towards the wagon , getting civilians out of its' way. Renata quickly followed behind him and as he stopped again , this time a little girl in his arms , she grabbed his shoulder.

"You have to get me in that thing." she said commandingly.

"Are you crazy?" he asked her with a thick accent , his eyebrows nearly reaching his hairline.

"I'm with the Avengers. Now!"

The boy hesitated before grabbing her and for a few seconds , Renata felt like she was airborn as he carried her. By the time she blinked twice she was inside the wagon , in front of Steve.