Chapter Two☑️

CHAPTER TWO:
MEETING THE FAMILY.

CHAPTER TWO: MEETING THE FAMILY

Iowa 2015

River , who had changed her name to Renata , was living her best life in Clint's farm with his family; his wife Lauren and his children Lila and Cooper and after three years of living with them , she became part of the family.

She trained every day in order to be able to fully control her powers and she was succeeding so far , well , baby steps.

She was up in the attic , looking for some toys with Lila one afternoon when she heard the jet land outside the house. Curiously she glanced out of the window and saw Clint and the Avengers shuffling out looking tired and beaten.

"Is it daddy?" Lila asked excitedly.

"Um yes Lils." and before Renata could utter another word the young girl flew down the stairs to greet her father.

Renata got up and slowly made her way to the stairs , sitting down on the top step where she could listen in on what was happening without making her presence known.

Are they here for me? What the shit is going on?

"Sorry for barging in on you." came a voice from downstairs.

"Yeah , we would have called ahead , but we were busy having no idea that you existed."
Ah , that's Stark , Renata mused to herself.

"Yeah Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint explained , "Kept it off Shield's files , I'd like to keep it that way."

Renata zoned out after that contemplating whether she should show herself yet or not but then a small voice sounded from the bottom of the steps.

"Renny , come meet everyone!"
When she looked up Cooper was standing at the bottom of the staircase smiling at her.

Wordlessly she got up and jump down the rest of the stairs next to Cooper and ruffled his hair.

"Ren." came the soft voice of Clint and she finally met his gaze. A gaze that held so much love for the girl he considered his daughter.

"Hey old man." she whispered as she jumped in his arms , hugging him tightly.

"Ok ok , now it's my turn!"

She was quickly pulled away from Clint and a mop of red invaded her vision as thin arms wrapped around her waist , a head resting in the crook of her neck. Suddenly the hug grew tighter and tighter.