Guns and Roses

I went and visited my parents today. Rocky wasn't there. It was nice though, just us like it used to be. I sort of miss all of this. I would visit them for afternoon tea. It was our tradition, I guess.

Standing by the door, I hug mum a final time before I turn and head down the street. Three streets down from their place used to be this bakery that made the best chocolate brownies. I would always stock up when I paid my parents a visit.

The driver stops in front of me. "Please get in, ma'am."

I shake my head. "Please go ahead, I am just stopping at the bakery down the street and I want to walk. If you must, you can wait for me there."

The driver frowns once and then nods before turning the end of the street. I miss driving myself and I especially miss my old place. The lifestyle Rocky has, while private and amazingly so with everything going on, is still different to mine. My place was completely secluded. It was my sanctuary.

I turn down the street and walk further down. Perhaps after I pick up the brownies, I can head to my house and pay it a visit. Rocky told me he was going to be home late tonight so I still have hours on my own.

"Hello, Sky."

My head snaps in the direction of the recognisable voice.

Paul stands in front of me. His eyes piercing into mine. While every nerve in my body is telling me to back away, I stand my ground. I'm not about to move from here.

"What do you want?" I say sternly.

He lets out a laugh, it sounds dangerous, before his head snaps in my direction. "I think you and I need to talk."

"Go to hell," I tell him and attempt to walk past him.

That gesture doesn't go well for him as he stops me in my track. His hand wraps around my wrist and he takes a step forward. "I wouldn't play this game, Sky."

I should scream. I really should scream.

I try to pull my hand before realising I cannot. I'm not as strong as him and I cannot free myself. "Let go!" I shout.

"Do not cause a commotion," he says through gritted teeth as his grip on my hand gets stronger.

"I will scream," I tell him. "Do not test me."

My leg reaches up and I knee him. It gives me a few seconds to run before he catches up. He's faster than I am.

His left hand wraps around my mouth to silence me and his right arm wraps around my waist. He lifts me off the ground and my attempts to either scream or free myself fail.

"Listen to me," he whispers in my ear as I try to put a fight. "I will chop you into pieces if I have to. You DO NOT test me," he whispers in my ear.

He puts me down as a warning but this time I do take a step back.

"Clear it," he says.

I shake my head in confusion. "What?"

"My name," he says. "My reputation."

Before I can utter another word, something hard swings against the back of my head and I fall to the ground. I blink but darkness takes over.

———————

The sudden light stings my eyes. I cannot lift my head, the pain is excruciating.

"She's coming around," I hear but the voice I don't recognise.

Suddenly someone places both hands on either side of my face and pull it forward forcing my eyes open.

"Look at me," the man says.