Peace And Quiet

His arm is around my chest and he looks peaceful...almost too peaceful.

Could this actually be our future, one where we stand a chance and him able to love me.

I watch him for a second, his messy hair, the way the muscle on his back bulks out, the bed sheets covering just the right parts of him to keep this all PG.

I lift his arm to move it aside so I can step out of bed but his arm wraps tightly around my waist and pulls me closer. "Don't move," he mutters under his breath, half asleep.

"I need to get up." I whisper.

"No you don't," he replies as he lifts his head from the pillow.

He has the perfect smile and I melt a little at the expression on his face. "I really do."

His arms wraps even tighter around me and he pulls my body right up against his with his lip in my ear. "Tell me why you need to get up," he says. "What's so important."

Having no obvious reason to get up, I say the first thing that pops in my mind. "I need to wash my face."

I can hear him laugh behind me. "I think you're fine if you don't wash you face for a few minutes."

I sigh as I drop myself back on the pillow. "I guess I can wait a few minutes."

But of course the minute I say it, I regret it. Rocky's hand moves up my thigh sending a tingling feeling down my spine. I squeeze my eyes shut and hold myself still.

"You know," his lips move against my ear. "Going taut in my arms makes it much more obvious."

I twist myself free and turn to face him. Please do not read my face. I cannot be that obvious.

"Makes what obvious?" I ask him pretending like I don't have a clue.

"That," he says as he draws little circles with his finger on my inner thigh. "My hand on your skin gets you excited."

I slap his hand off my thigh and sit up. "It does not."

Rocky smirks. "Whatever you say, babe."

I frown. "Don't say that," I tell him. "I'm telling you it doesn't, and why are you acting like you have such an effect on me. I could do the same to you."

"Oh yeah?" He say. "This I'd like to see. How about we make a bet and whoever loses has to do what the other says."

I go still. "You forgot I'm already kinda stuck in the midst of one of these bets or contracts or whatever you call it these days. One that you made."

He leans in and kisses my cheek. "Well I guess you better not lose this one," he says walking off. The fact that he is naked makes this ten times worse.

"I won't!" I shout behind him as I watch him head for the bathroom.

When the door closes, I smile. I like this side of Rocky and especially this side of our marriage. That being said, I have no intentions of losing, and beating Rocky will be a mission. I mean I just made a bet on who can do a better job at seducing the other. I don't know how to do that, and even if I attempt, it will not look seductive.

When Rocky steps out of the bathroom, he only has a towel around his hips. He is bare from the waist up. I try not to stare at his rock solid abs but he makes it hard.

Moving my eyes away, I stare at the ground as I inch closer to the bathroom, hoping and praying he has moved away from the door.

I bump into his chest, my hand copping a feel of his abs and I pull myself back tucking my hands behind me: "That was an accident," I tell him.

Rocky places a finger under my chin and lifts my head up forcing me to scan his body as my eyes finally meet his. The bugger really knows how to play.

"You have every right to feel me," he says with a wink. "You're my wife, after all."

"You're disgusting," I yell as I enter the bathroom and slam the door.

"I'm not the one who copped a feel just then," he shouts in mock tone back.

"That was an accident!"

I turn the tap to tune out his voice. I need to win this. Him in a towel cannot be the reason I lose this.

I splash my face with water a few times and using a towel I wipe my face clean. Whilst brushing my teeth, I try to think of ways to seduce Rocky but nothing brilliant comes up.

I freeze. I'm standing in a tank top and shorts— in other words, my pajamas. I clearly need to change and my clothes are out there where an obviously almost naked Rocky is. If I go out there, I might lose in an instant.

I take a deep breath and place my hand on the door handle, with a click I open the door and step out. Rocky is still in a towel. He didn't even change, dammit. I watch him send a text before he turns to face me.

"Aren't you going to change or do you plan to lounge around in your sleepwear for the day," he says.

I head for the walk-in closet and find a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.

Looking at the drawer to my left, I tuck the jeans back in and pull out shorts. If I must seduce Rocky, I'll do it with some shorts. What's a bit of skin and legs going to do?

Stepping out, Rocky holds his jeans in one hand and his other hand holds the towel in place. He flips the jeans over his shoulders and drops the towel on the floor.

I gasp and turn, very much aware that I have just seen him in all his glory. When we slept together last night, we both saw each other naked but because of this dare it's like everything is off limits till one slips up and makes a move. He just needs to be the first.

I hear Rocky walk closer till he leans against me, my back against him. "Maybe you could get dressed out here with me," he whispers in my ear.

I'm well aware he is naked. Stomping on his feet, I head for the bathroom. "Pervert," I mutter under my breath.

He laughs. "I heard that."