Snoop While You Can

Rocky is in a meeting the whole afternoon, and although I know I most likely won't find anything in his house, I should technically look.

The idea consumes me so negatively because I'm not this type of person. I don't have another choice.

Rocky helping me could have been an easy task. Him marrying me though, not so easy. He speaks in code and I'm pretty sure he has some grand scheme in place. Out of all the people in the world, I don't know how I got trapped in this scheme. It's not like it was made for me, because how would he have known that I'd go to him when Systematics Corp tricked my parents.

I look at the newspaper article on the coffee table. It's a picture of Rocky and I, his hands casually rested on my thigh. It's about our secret wedding. Obviously the talk is already out. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

Rushing to the bedroom, I grab at his bedside table. There's a few reading books and a blank notepad. His walk in wardrobe is filled with clothes, I didn't know why I expected something else, but a proper search could take hours. I merely scan, pulling draws out and having a peak.

"You won't find anything there," a voice says behind me.

I jump in panic. I recognise that voice. It's Rocky's.

Holding my breath I turn and face him. "Where will I find something?"

Rocky smirks again and all I can think about is strangling him. That and the fact that this smirk is the same smirk he had when he was standing naked in front of me yesterday.

"Why do you need to find anything?" He says taking a step closer in my direction. "Sky, why can't you just be my wife like any normal person. Why must you make this complicated?"

I frown. "Because this is not normal," I scream. "None of this is. You want a wife but only for six months. I mean that doesn't make any sense whatsoever."

"And you want to know why?"

I nod. "Exactly," I say calming myself down. "I think I deserve an explanation."

"Because it'll shut people up," Rocky says without elaborating.

I release a puff of air. He wants me to work for the damn answer. "Why do you need to shut people up?"

"Look at me," he says. "I'm rumoured to be with a new girl everyday. I'm called a flirt and a player. People think I'm sleeping with someone new everyday when the last person I slept with was you."

I try not to react.

"I hate that reputation. I hate that people think that. Heck that was what people thought of me in school, I mean so did you. I was never that though, I mean sure girls come up to me, sure they want something but if I don't reciprocate then how the hell am I a player or a tool."

I freeze. "You think marrying me will change that."

Rocky frowns. "I'm tired," he says. "I really damn hope so."

I nod. "You couldn't have found someone else's life to ruin."

His frown grows deeper. "I just told you that the last girl I slept with was you, why on earth would I want someone else?"

I shake my head watching him carefully. "I ain't sleeping with you."

Rocky smirks. "That's not part of the deal," he says playfully and all the anger, and disappointment I had seen in his eyes two minutes ago has disappeared.