(07) The Girl In Black

A/N: Soooo it's been a while xD Sorry, but hopefully I can get this started back up now that crazy December is over with. A way to help me with getting more content out is shorter chapters - which should set me out on a steady pace of updating those stories that will be given shorter chapters. I hope you all enjoy this!

[DISCLAIMER] I do not own KnB!

*~Woohoo for the S3 hype!! xD~*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                         (07) The Girl In Black

It was now after school Monday, and I was still fidgety over what happened yesterday with Kise-kun. What should have bothered me the most was the men who attacked me, aided by demons, but no. It was the 'date' with Kise that was at the forefront of my mind.

I sighed quietly to myself just as Riko called all the players to order. I hoped I wasn't encroaching on an important meeting... But Riko-san said that I was welcome.

"Okay! So the next tournament starts at the end of next week!" Riko-san spoke loud enough for everyone to hear her, "I don't have the list of competing schools yet, but those we'll be given out next week."

"Heh, we'll finally get to show everyone all of our hard work." Kagami-kun spoke up with a malicious sneer that I suppose could have been his 'competitive' face at work. He looked really worked up by this, more so than anyone else.

Riko-san nodded with a too-sweet smile, "Yep, and that's why you'll keep working harder. Especially you Bakagami."

"Huh? Why me?" Kagami-kun looked astounded.

"Because in order to be able to attend this tournament and to be excused for the festival this weekend, you have to score a passing grade on the test Friday morning." Riko-san seemed to let that sink in for a short while before Kiyoshi-senpai spoke up.

"Uh, Riko, does that mean for us too?"

Riko-san just smiled and nodded. "Yes, which means you all better study hard and pass — or else."

And suddenly Riko-san's scary face was really doing its job on everyone. I wonder if I could ever be that frightening?

"But, it's mainly Kagami that will need the extra help, and since everyone will be busy with their own studies I've called in superior help." Riko-san turned to the gym doors where someone just opened them and stepped in.

"Himi-chun?" I blinked, confused as to why she was here.

"Oh, it's the Student Council President lady!" Koganei-senpai shouted, looking giddy.

"Do you happen to know her, Setsuko-chan?" Izuki-senpai asked me and I nodded at him.

"Yes, Tet-chun and I are really good friends with her." I told him, but the others over-heard because they looked shocked.

"What?! Even you, Kuroko?!" Hyuga-senpai asked in disbelief to my younger twin, who blankly nodded.

"Yes, it's true. Though I'm not as close with her as Setsuko-nee is," Tet-chun answered.

"So who is she again?" Kagami-kun was scratching his head and looking clueless.

"WHA—"

"You don't know who THE Himi-chan is?!"

"And you call yourself a student at Seirin?! Such disrespect for the senpais!"

Koganei-senpai and Hyuga-senpai seemed really agitated about it while everyone else just stood around in disbelief at Kagami-kun's cluelessness.