10. Embracing Her Wounds

Start from the beginning

"At least have some standards, brother. I mean, look at me, you would never, and I mean never, see me with the same lady twice." He proudly smirked. Whore.

"Yes, you took being a whore to another level, my pure brother." I smiled sweetly.

"But Camille is different. I heard she never had a wild nightlife. She also has the perfect body and the perfect height. You'll only have to lean half a centimeter to kiss her."

I set my glass down, turning to face him fully. "Have you been checking her out?"

"No... Maybe... just once." Enzo avoided eye contact, suddenly finding interest in the vodka bottle label.

"You better not mistake her for one of your whores, Connell." I gritted.

"Hey, I would never dare to break the bro code and even think about someone you're interested in."

"I have no interest in that annoying little devil." I rolled my eyes.

"Here's to lying our asses off." He chuckled, raising his glass in a mock toast. I shot him a warning glare before taking another sip of my scotch. There was a curt knock on the door before Hunter entered, followed by Mark, Christian, and Viktor. The little devil was nowhere in sight.

"Boss, we've got a problem," Hunter announced, his voice filled with concern.

"This is the second time you've said that today, Hunter," I grumbled in annoyance, putting down my glass.

"We took the detective to the forest to bury Olivia, but now we can't find her," he muttered, his head hung low.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I snapped, anger simmering inside me.

"We went through the footage, and it appears Dominic's man snuck detective away after knocking her unconscious," Mark explained. My fists clenched, and a surge of rage coursed through my veins. Dominic had crossed a line, daring to defy me and kidnap my hostage.

"How dare he enter my fucking territory and take my fucking hostage?" I slammed my fists on the bar.

"Did you guys track her location?" Enzo questioned.

"We are on it," Viktor informed.

"And what were you bastards doing when they kidnapped her?" I demanded, my voice laced with frustration. They all looked at each other before Christian mustered up his courage.

"Before she was kidnapped, she tried to escape."

"Bullshit. They were playing hide and seek, and that bitch fooled these idiots." Viktor threw daggers at Mark and Christian.

"Hide and seek? At least tell me you idiots were winning." Enzo chuckled.

"Do I need to drill it into your thick skulls once again that none of you should dare to establish any kind of relationship or even engage in a damn conversation with our hostages unless it's a matter of life and death?" I snapped, my anger seething through every word.

"It won't happen again, boss," Christian assured, his head hung low.

"Certainly." Mark nodded. Deciding to teach them a lesson later, I got up from my seat.

"Dominic has this stupid eight-hour rule. If she doesn't talk, which I know her stubborn and stupid ass won't easily give in, he'll throw her away like trash."

"Does that mean we only have eight hours to find her?" Enzo questioned.

"Less than that." I corrected.

"Is she even that valuable to waste our time and resources? I mean, can't we just strike a deal with Dominic and ask him to get the information we need from her as well." Viktor suggested.