Chapter 13 [Maybe]

————

"Hi Midoriya!"

"Hah- What the hell are you doin' here round face?"

Ochako pouts, hand on her hips, the other holding up a lunch tray. "I'm friends with Deku!"

Katsuki startles at that, eyes automatically flying to Izuku, who held the same shocked sentiment. "Friends..?" He parrots, twitching nervously. Uraraka..

She grinned, nodding cheerfully. "Yeah yeah!"

Izuku blushes, heart twisting as he fumbles. Uraraka.. Uraraka considers him as a friend..! Friend! He scoots over, hands clapping together with the widest smile on his face, ignoring Katsuki's protesting.

He.. He has a friend..

"P-Please sit here, Uraraka!"

————

Lunch was uneventful, to Katsuki's opinion- except for the fact that this pink faced girl called herself Deku's friend. She was talkative, covering Katsuki's silence, which made him idly think on how big her fucking mouth must be for her to be puking out words like that.

The girl was decent, she was alright, looked plain, and Katsuki had to think hard to even remember her. Then again, he.. He never really remembers anyone.

He watches her take a bite out of Izuku's Katsudon, feeling a twinge of..

(He doesn't know what the feeling is, but it makes his anger simmer.)

Still.

Deku.. Deku looks happy. He was timid at first, but he slips into a conversation with her, nervously stuttering when he thinks he talked too much, but round face coaxes him out of his shell easily.

————

"Whatever. We're going to the field to spar. Pick whoever you want to fight, I don't care. Just don't kill each other."

Excited murmurs traveled through the classroom, and Izuku easily latched onto Katsuki.

"Spar with me, Kacchan."

Katsuki grins, broadly, fire raging in his eyes- and staring into Izuku's mischievous ones, head leaning onto is shoulder.

"You're fucking on."

————

"Is it me or-" Mina dodges a kick from Ochako. "-they're getting too into this?"

Uraraka follows Mina's eyes, pivoting her heel as she shrugs. "To me, they're just that competitive, I guess."

Around a match away, Katsuki threw a punch, his hips turning all the way as he uses his weight to slam into Izuku's chest. Deku side-stepped the punch, making it graze his uniform- before throwing an axe kick aimed to Katsuki's shoulder.

Bakugou's movements stutter for a quick second before he grits his teeth in irritation at the teasing smile Izuku flashes him on his way down.

By the looks of it, every single one of those hits- both from Izuku and Katsuki- will no doubt hurt if they land.

Ochako shudders at the thought.

Still..

"I wanna fight Deku someday."

Ashido's timer pings, and they both stop to collapse on the ground, panting.

"What do you mean?" She scoots closet to Uraraka, eyebrow raised and Ochako puffs her cheeks, seeing Bakugou flip over in an attempt to slam Izuku to the ground with an Autobine kick. "Deku.. He's.. He's amazing. Matching Bakugou in stamina and strength like that? I know that he'll wipe the floor with me, but someday.."

Her hands clench on her sides, and Mina sees burning determination in her look.

"I just want to land a hit."

————

"Midoriya. Bakugou."

Aizawa grouses, sighing under his breath when the two seemed to keep going, Izuku throwing a cut kick before Katsuki blocks it dead-on.

"They haven't even landed a single hit on each other yet!"

"Deku will surely win."

"Bakugou's pretty good with his fists too!"

Izuku's eyes zeroed into the fist, arms raised to block once again, lost in the natural movements of his body- before he's yanked back by a hand on his shoulder.

"A-Aizawa-sensei!"

Aizawa looks at him, tired expression telling as Katsuki roars. "Old man! What's the big deal-!?"

"You're going to be late for your next class if you keep this up."

Both kids stiffen, now aware of their classmates waiting on them, circling their fight as if they were in a ring.

Izuku has the decency to look sheepish, bowing his head. "Sorry sir! We're gonna go and get changed!"

"But-"

"Right, Kacchan?" He speaks over the grouchy boy, who snarls but complies silently. ".. Yeah. Fine."

They hurry away, along with the rest of the class.

Their classmates were right- no direct hits have been landed on either of them, any attempt was blocked and dodged.

No direct hits.

Only close calls and a brush here or there.

So how did their uniform look torn to shreds? Surely, simple kicks and punches weren't that powerful that the fabric was ripped by a simple graze of the foot and fist.

Right?

Aizawa follows the duo with darkened eyes as they exit to go to their next class.

They were both monsters.

He cracks a grin.

He can't wait for their true potential.