Chapter 8

"What was that for?" Ellia cried pushing William away.

"Hello, Your Majesty," he said brightly to someone behind Ellia in reply, giving Ellia a pointed look.

"Hello William, Ellia," she said nodding to Ellia as she walked up to them. "I was just coming to check on Ellia, but I see you two are very busy... I'll come back later."

"Oh, it's fine, Your Majesty. I was just leaving," William said, sinking into a deep bow. "Ellia, I'll visit you later? I think we have some things to discuss."

She just nodded in return, casting him a dark look. Then, William walked away. As soon as he was out of earshot, Queen Regina turned back to Ellia.

"I see you've finally started listening to me?" she asked, giving Ellia a pointed look. Her eyes seemed to be trying to convey some sort of message, but Ellia couldn't tell what she meant.

"Actually, I hated every second of that. Every second of it. You think I started that?"

"Listen Ellia, just listen to me. I don't care if you didn't start that. That kiss was exactly what we need, and it doesn't matter if it was William who kissed you. In fact, it's probably better. William clearly likes you, and you will love him back. You will marry him, be a faithful wife, and be a good queen. That is your future, and you have no choice but to follow it." The queen then walked away, turning back when she was halfway down the hallway. "I'll send someone up later to discuss wedding preparations."

"Wedding preparations?" Ellia screeched, but the queen had already turned a corner. Sighing, Ellia went back into her room to mope. 

~~~

"Ellia?" a familiar voice said as they knocked on the door. "Are you in there?"

"Sarai?" Ellia asked as she pulled open the door. "Where have you been?!"

"I'm sorry, I know. I haven't seen you for weeks."

"I've missed you!" she exclaimed, pulling Sarai into a hug. "I have so much to ask you!"

"Ask me?"

"Yeah," said Ellia, remembering that night when she had heard Sarai talking in the hall at midnight. "For starters, where have you been?"

"I have a friend who needed my help. Don't worry, I got permission to leave. I had no idea that you guys were headed here, or I would have been back sooner to help."

"What's your friend's name?" she asked, still suspicious.

"Does it really matter?"

"I guess not."

"Okay then... now that I'm here, I've been told to give you this note." Sarai handed Ellia a note.

"Thanks..." said Ellia, quickly skimming the note. It said, I'll meet you in your room at 10:00 pm, be dressed to travel. -W.

"What does it say?" asked Sarai, trying to read over Ellia's shoulder.

"Nothing," Ellia replied, quickly folding the note.

"Whatever you say," Sarai said with a smirk, and then dismissed herself. "Oh yeah- the queen told me to tell you she's on her way down with the royal wedding planner." And then she left the room.

Ugh, Ellia thought. I still can't believe I have to marry William. 

~~~