Loosing your man pride

Jaide woke up at the crack of dawn, jumping out of bed, surprised by her level of energy and got ready for her run.

Alec closed the door, the little puppy pulling him excited to go for a walk. Noticing Jaide Alec smirked as she ran out of her house, completely focused on her music playing and the speed of the run. Jaide ran ignoring the world and listening to her breathing and music that filled her ears. The best feeling was overpowering the wind as Jaide ran. She was defying nature and it felt awesome. Her legs burned and sweat dripped of her face, she loved every minute of it. she heard someone behind her and stopped when she noticed Alec.

‘morning sunshine’

 ‘hey, you going for  run?’ 

‘yep, prince needs to get fit’

Jaide laughed at the puppies name

‘Prince?’

‘ugh yeah, lexie took a tantrum until she got the name she wanted, I wanted something like stud, something manly’

‘who would he take after? I don’t know a manly person in that house’

 Alec rolled his eyes and lifted his shirt revealing his ab

‘this is manly’

‘hmmm I have seen better’

‘no, you haven’t, now come on we are running together’

‘are you sure what you do is running or are you just crawling?’

Jaide ran off, Alec quick to catch up. They ran around the block twice until Prince had had enough and fell to the ground sleeping. Alec then picked him up and they walked the rest of the way back. If Jaide were completely honest it was a sight to see.

Jaide’s phone buzzed, revealing a text from halee, just as they arrived at both houses

We need to go shopping, I have no clothes to take to freaking fiji, be at your house in ten – Hals

‘well um, see you, thanks for the run’

‘bye summers’

jaide rolled her eyes as she went inside and began getting ready all over again

***

halee arrived twenty minutes later with ham and cheese rolls as a peace offering for being late.

‘okay lets go, I want to get there early before it get packed, Saturday mornings are hell in that place’

‘alright just help me choose, denim skirt and flowery crop or white playsuit?

‘denim skirt, flower top, now hurry your lazy ass’

‘you know the shops don’t even open for another hour'

‘blah blah, lets goooo’

jaide put her white sandals on before grabbing her bag and phone and heading downstairs.

‘hey jaidey’

‘lex?’ lexie stood by the front door waiting for jaide

‘oh are you going somewhere?’

‘yeah sweetie, i'm sorry I didn’t know you wanted to do something’

‘I just wanted to play, its okay, later’

‘well how about you come with us? We have to ask your mummy first though’ lexie instantly brightened and grabbed lexie’s hand

‘yeah lets go’

‘alright lets go ask your mum first’

***

'Two times in one morning, Sums I’m flattered' Alec smiles as he leans against the door, Jaide simply rolls her eyes as Halee's eyebrows raise

'Is mummy home al?'

'Nah lex, she went to the markets, be back soon. Why what's wrong?'

' we were going to see if lex could come with us shopping, just wanted to check with cass first'

Lexie nodded as Jaide told Alec.

'Well she shouldn't be too long do you want to come in?'

Alec laughed at the shocked faces on Halee and Jaide

Halee looked between Alec and Jaide, and wondered if an apocalypse had decided to erupt their heads in the past week. Realizing the time halee pointed to her watch, jaide rolling her eyes in response.

'Im not going to kill you two, Jesus, jax is upstairs trying to beat me at my own game, thought you might like to come and wait'

'What game exactly?'

Alec smiled the faintest as he rolled his eyes

' too manly for you ' Jaide laughed thinking back to that morning, halee’s eyes widened at the two

'What game?' 

'Black ops' Jaide and Halee shared a secret smile before they walked inside.

***

'No nope, the game is rigged, fucking broken' Jaide, Halee and Jax laid on the floor trying to find a balance between their breathing as they laughed at the sore looser, known as Alec Braide 

'I haven't laughed like that in a long time' Halee shook her head

'No no remember when josh asked you out and you were trying so hard to be nice but he had food and shit on his face, oh my god that was funny'

'Who asked you out?' Jaide and Halee stopped laughing as the sulker had finally spoken since Jaide beat him three times. Alec instantly regretted the question as all eyes focused on him. Jaide full of confusion, Halee and Jax full of laughter.

'Obviously not someone good enough for my girl' Jaide swung around to Cassie who stood smiling by the door 

'Cass! 

'Hey girl' Cassie hugged Jaide, as she slightly winked at Alec who quickly turned away making jax laugh next to him.  

'Why haven't you left yet? Shops are going to be packed already ' Jaide could see Halee smiling next to her

' i didn't know you knew, we were waiting to ask if we could take lex, wait how did you know?'

Cassie turned to Alec, leaving Jaide's answer pointing toward Alec.

'right. So you asked her already and she said yes,  but you didn't bother to tell me so we could go?'

' I wanted to beat you at the game, I was keeping my man pride'

'And when did she say I could take lex?'

Alec smiled sheepishly 'halfway through first game'

The entire room instantly filled with laughter, including Lexie who probably didn't know why everyone was laughing. Jax pat Alec on the back

'Mate, I think you lost your man pride'