Wakeup Calls

five or six years later -

'its me and you against the world right?' the voice had a rough texture and a protectiveness over her. she felt safe, secured... loved. She smiled as her eyes slowly closed

'yeah you and me'

She had a urgency to meet the face to the voice she opened her eyes and looked around her room. Everything seemed intact the table in the corner, the dresser next to the wall mirror, but where was that person? The person who made her feel like she was the center of his world.

Realization grew as she groaned and rolled in her bed. Dreams. A dream, a place you wish you were, a place you felt protected, loved and never wanted to leave. The good dreams always escaped, the good dreams took everything you wished away. Why were they good dreams again?

She rolled again, this time landing with a thud on the floor. She cried in pain and stumbled to find her balance. A Monday. It explained everything.

Laughter chorused from the window and she sighed in irritation.

' I don't want to deal with you right now'

"Well good morning to you too" he smugly replied

She was in no mood to deal with the notorious Alec Braidy; she rolled her eyes and got ready for the last week of senior year.

Changing into white-laced shorts, a tie-dye cropped t-shirt and her converses. She brushed her long hair out so it flowed down her back and grabbed her bag and phone before leaving her room.

A note with $15 stuck to it was left on the table for her, she quickly grabbed a banana and the money and left in a hurry knowing she was probably going to be late for school.

The phone buzzed and she answered

'hello'

'jaide, were the hell are you, our history speech is due in twenty minutes?'

'shit i'm coming I have my car so -'

she stopped herself when she noticed her car not where she left it.

'ill be there soon just stall or something'

'fine, hurry'

she quickly checked her phone for the bus timetable and almost stomped in frustration.

'do you need a ride sums?'

'uh no thanks' Alec smiled at her amused

'how do you expect to get to school then?'

'ill call a cab'

alec rolled his eyes 'cab's cost a fortune'

'I'll live'

'nothing much changes about you huh'

'don't alec' he stopped, her eyes warning him not to say anything further

'just let me give you a ride, put the forever enemy, long lost friendship behind you for one car ride'

jaide sighed weighing up her options. Option one pay $50 for a fifteen minute drive or be in the car with Alec for fifteen minutes. Honestly she reathered the taxi.

'no, thankyou, the gesture was.. nice but ill catch a cab' she unlocked her phone, finding the number for the taxi

before she could call the phone was ripped out of her hands

'hey'

'let me give you a ride, you have it back'

she glared at him as she walked her way to his car.

'good, now we can catch up, whats it been five years?'

'six and no I would rather not'

alec went silent, he was trying.

The car ride was uncomfortable. Alec pondering his brain for a way for her to talk to him and Jaide avoiding any kind of conversation.

'soo how's life'

'great'

'that's cool'

'hows everyone?'

'good'

'mhm you excited for the end of year?'

'yep'

'okay' Alec gave up attempting at conversation as he turned the volume up. A wigles song played from a cd and Jaide raised her eyebrows in amusement.

Alec shifted in his chair quickly trying to change it to the radio

'lexie's cd'

'mhm'

Alec sighed in relief when he saw the school

'so thanks. Can I have my phone back?'

'uh yeah. Jaide?'

'ye alec?'

'don't worry'

'what?'

'i'm-'

'look Alec, this was a one off thing, not happening again, you stay with your friends, me with mine, my house, yours'

jaide grabbed her phone and got out of the car

'-sorry' Alec muttered before he slammed the door closed and made himself remember all things wrong with Jaide Summers.

***

okay so i was unhappy with the other book, forever my summers, so i have decided to change it, same plot same sort of chapter with changes, i hope you dont hate me and hopefully you like this book better than the other. i hope you enjoy.

- @white_boy_wasted