4x06 - We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes

Gilbert Residence

Eliot lies in his bed. He is breathing hard and can't seem to get to sleep. He gets up and goes to the kitchen. He places a glass of milk in the microwave and warms it up.

"Can't sleep?" Connie asks from behind him.

Eliot turns around frightened, but sees no one there. The microwave beeps, making Eliot jump. He opens the door and takes the cup out. He turns around and sees Connie leaning on the counter. She gasps.

"You know it makes sense; guilty conscience"

"You're not here. I'm – I've got to be dreaming" Eliot shakes his head-

"And how do you know that I'm not here?" She starts walking towards Eliot. Eliot walks backwards, trying to keep distance between them.

"Because you're..."

"Go on, say it"

"Because you're dead"

Connie nods her head, "Yes, I am. Was that the first time that you've taken a human life?"

"You're a ghost. That's gotta be it. You're a ghost, that's what's happening right now. Jem...Jemma. Jemma!" Eliot shouts. Upstairs, Jemma hears Eliot call for her and wakes up. "You're a ghost; you're haunting me. You're a ghost; you're haunting me"

"Can a ghost do this?" Connie grabs Eliot in a chokehold and strangles him. Eliot thrusts his elbow into her stomach and releases himself from her grasp. He pushes her, sending Connie flying across a table. Connie gets up and starts to walk back towards Eliot. Eliot grabs a knife and stabs Connie in the neck. He removes the blade from her neck and sees that he has just stabbed Jemma, not Connie. Eliot drops the knife.

"Oh my god!" Jemma falls to the ground; Eliot goes down with her. He is in tears. "Jem! Jem! Jem! Jem! No, no, no, no, no, no" Eliot looks down at Jemma's hand and sees that she is wearing her ring, but this doesn't make him feel any better. "No, no. Jem! Jemma!"

**********

Later in the morning, Jemma is lying dead on the couch. Eliot is pacing in front of her. Demi is in the room with him.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to her?" Eliot asks her.

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Demi jokes and Eliot glares at her, "You should have called Stella"

"I don't want to talk to her. She's been lying to me and hiding things from me. She compelled Jemma to forget God knows what" Eliot tells her.

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing her kinda trumps that. And you should have called Stella"

"I don't trust her right now, Demi" Eliot shakes his head.

Stella walks in the house. Eliot and Demi look at her, "Hey"

"PS, I called Stella" Demi tells Eliot.

Stella walks over to Eliot, "What happened? Why didn't you call me?"

"I just - I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands" Eliot walks out of the room. Jemma comes back to life with a dramatic gasp.

"Welcome back. How are you feeling?" Stella asks her.

"What happened?" Jemma asks in return.

"Long story, buy the e-book" Demi tells her.

Stella walks up the stairs and into Eliot's room. Eliot is changing into a robe. He sees Stella but walks past her.