4x01 - Growing Pains

Gilbert Residence

There is a bright white light and the sound of church bells ringing, sirens, and a yard work going on can be heard. Suddenly, Eliot gasps for air and wakes up. It's morning. Stella is sitting on the end of his bed, watching him. He seems confused about what is going on around him "Stella?"

"Hey. I'm right here. You've been in and out for hours" Stella explains.

"Wh-what happened?"

"You were in an accident" Stella reminds him.

"Oh my god. Macy is she...?"

Demi interrupts him, she is sitting on the window seat next to Eliot's bed "Alive?" Eliot and Stella both look at her, "Ask Stella. The hero"

Eliot looks back at Stella, "She's fine" Stella assures him.

"Thank you. I thought that I – how did you...?"

"Save you? She didn't" Demi tells him.

"When Jemma brought you to the hospital before all this happened, your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Matthew Fell made a choice, he used Demi's blood to heal you" Stella explains.

"And when Richard ran Macy's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Eliot" Demi tells him.

Eliot starts to panic, "Oh my god. Does – does that mean that – am I dead?" Stella and Demi say nothing, "No, no, no, no! That wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Benny, he says he's stronger than ever, there might be something that he can do to help you" Stella tries to assure him.

"No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition" Demi says, being the pessimist that she is.

"We have all day before he has to feed, Demi. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this" Stella argues.

"There is no way out of it. We all know the drill. You feed or you die. There is no door number three"

Eliot cries, "I was ready to die. I was supposed to die. I don't – I don't want to be – I can't be a vampire! If there's something that Benny can do we have to try"

"We will. We'll try everything" Stella tells him.

Demi scoffs and rolls her eyes, "Your choice, Eliot. As always", she gets up and leaves. Stella looks at Eliot who is still in tears. In the kitchen, Demi grabs a bottle of alcohol from a cupboard and pours herself a drink. Stella enters the kitchen.

"Way to get his hopes up for something that's never happened in the history of vampirism"

"You know what, you weren't there the day Eliot looked me in the eye and told me he absolutely never wanted this" Stella tells her.

Demi drinks the whole drink in a single gulp, "Then you shouldn't have let him die"

"I never meant for him to die. He asked me to help Macy first and I did"

"And now the world has one more cheerleader. Bravo, sister" Demi pours herself another drink.

"I made a choice that I will regret for the rest of my life. Now let me try to fix it" Stella leaves. Demi finishes her second drink.

**********

Forbes Residence

Carlisle is about to leave the house. His phone is ringing, and he answers it, "Dad, hey!"