Reload: Identity Crisis

Our heroes find themselves on the edge of Lastation preparing to board a ferry to Leanbox, the majority of the group waiting on some benches as IF, Nepgear, and I return with bags of necessities. IF hands some of the bags to Compa and takes a seat on one of the free benches. "This should last us until we can get to where we need to go." Red looks over to IF as she takes a long sip of water. "What'cha get?" ~ "Some medicine, herbs, rations, and a few stat boosting potions. Hey, Dorian. You remembered to get the tickets, right?" I lean against a pillar next to the benches and drink a stamina potion. "Of course I did, what do you take me for?" ~ "An idiot." ~ "Here." I hand IF the tickets as she counts them and sighs. "Okay, that's handled. The ferry should be arriving soon." The group spends the next hour resting after our long run to Lastation.

(Meanwhile)

Everybody's favourite Underling steps into the port with a rat in tow. "Now they want me to go to Leanbox? Dammit, what about the time-off requests I submitted?" ~ "No vacation for members who keep failing. You should be happy that ASIC hasn't canned you, chu." ~ "yeah, whatever. I don't really care about that, but I'm pissed I gotta work with a chump like you." ~ "The feeling's mutual. I hate working with underlings who aren't sexy at all like you, chu." ~ "Who you sayin' ain't sexy?! And don't you frickin' dare start calling me an underling, too!" ~ "Ahh, shut up. Once an underling, always an underling, chu." ~ "That does it, you stupid rat! I'm gonna...!" ~ "Huh? Shhh. I hear a voice... C-Could that be the lovely serenade of my angelic Compa?!"

(Back to the Peanut Gallery)

"Oh, there's our ship! Let's go, everyone!" Red runs towards the ship that had just pulled into the harbor, with the others following after her. Compa tries to keep up but soon falls behind. "W-Wait for me, please... I can't run that fast..." Broccoli looks back at Compa as she rides on the yellow ball. "Compa, start exercising, nyu." I pass by Compa as the Dark Aura spider legs carry me. "Yeah, you really need to exercise." ~ "No fair! That's cheating..." ~ "All's fair in speed and war." IF looks back to Compa as I pass by her as well. "Stop acting whiny. C'mon, if we miss this ship, the tickets we bought are useless." The spider legs return to my body as I catch up to Red who was now standing looking out towards the water, as the ship leaves the harbor. "Aww, and there it goes." Compa finally makes it to the rest of us, IF and Nepgear helping her walk. "I ran...sooooo hard... I need...electrolytes..." IF sighs. "Jeez... We'll have to catch one tomorrow. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the @$$." As the ship leaves, a familiar underling and mouse looking down on us, laughing. "Hahahaha! I'd feel bad for them if they weren't so damn slow. Man, they really suck, huh?!" ~ "My lovely Compa, please hurry! Hurry, so we can enjoy our honeymoon rendezvous together, chu!" IF groans. "Don't tell me they're heading to Leanbox, too." Linda laughs. "We'll go ahead and start the party without you broads! Sit back and watch the fireworks!" Warechu starts waving around a handkerchief, for some reason. "Compa, my angel! I'll be waiting for you, so please come and see me real soon, chuuuu!" Red looks to the rest of the group. "We can't let them beat us there! C'mon, let's chase after the ship!" Nepgear looks to Red. "But there aren't any more ships leaving port today..." IF sighs. "Yeah, it's biting us in the @$$, all right..." A Dark Aura tendril rises next to me as I aim it towards the ship. "Shall I strike them down?" ~ "What...? No! You'll kill everyone on that ship! We'll catch the next one, tomorrow." The Dark Aura returns to my body, "...Ruin my fun." I then proceed to vanish in a puff of Dark Aura.

(The Next Day)

"Rise and shine. Wake up and smell the coffee...or whatever the hell this concoction the witch doctor made..." IF sighs and looks over to me. "Stop complaining. You shouldn't have played shot put with our supplies." ~ "It's those damn squirrels...they're plotting to take over!" Nepgear comes back with new supplies and tickets. "We woke up and made it here very early today, so I'm sure we'll be able to get on a ship." Compa looks over to me as I attempt to walk to the benches, but end up falling flat on the ground and lazily having the spider legs carry me to the benches. "Are you okay? Luckily, I packed some great nursing tools. Here, a shot of pure caffeine!" ~ "Give me." I proceed to grab a handful of caffeine filled syringes and insert them all into the vein on my wrist all at the same time. Dark Aura surrounds my body as I fall limp, slowly standing back up as I flick my wrist. "Much better." IF gives me a disappointed look before turning back to Compa and closing her bag. "I'm no nurse, but that's probably a really bad idea. Let's take a look at the departure times." As the others go to the front desk, I silently slink off of the bench and have the spider legs carry me along. The spider legs drop me to my feet as I meet up with the others at the front desk, IF checking the schedule. "Huh? Wait, why is everything listed as being canceled?!" The Port Staff bows apologetically. "Sorry miss, but our line of ships have malfunctioned. We're not sure when we'll have them working again." Red looks to IF. "I smell a rat! And an underling! Those two really know how to get under your shirt, don't they?!" Nepgear turns to the Port Staff. "Is there no other way there? We really, really need to get to Leanbox today." ~ "I'd love to help, but... Hmm... I wonder if it's okay to ask for some young girls to help... See, one ship here is undergoing maintenance. We want to put it in service while we fix the others. But we're missing a few key parts. That's why I wondered if you would be able to help..." Broccoli looks to the Port Staff. "We'll be able to ride for free, for all time, right, nyu?" ~ "Naturally. We'd be happy to accommodate you all, free of charge." ~ "It's a deal. Let's do this fetch quest, nyu." IF looks over to Broccoli, slightly annoyed. "Uh, I really wish you'd consult the rest of the party for that sort of thing, but...whatever." The Port Staff pulls out a list and unravels it, as it travels out the door and down the street. "We need an anchor, a sail, and a figurehead for the ship. We really appreciate this." Nepgear and the others start to make plans to gather the items as Dark Aura forms around me, which quickly bursts into a puff as I reappear in front of the Port Staff with a bag of parts. "Got the items. Fetch Quest done!" ~ "Brilliant! Many thanks. Just wait a moment while my crew gets everything ready to go."