Chapter 22

Don't Call Me Up - Mabel

Chapter 22

Word count: 1364

***

For the next few weeks, Kai and I spent a lot of time together. And no, not just in the bedroom. Although, Sadie did claim we were like two rabbits who had a real addiction problem.

I'm not going to lie, it felt amazing spending time with Kai. We got so much closer, even if most of the time he just annoyed me. But hey, that was what made us, well us. We had a weird relationship but it was unique. I think if I had a relationship like I had with Michael again, it wouldn't go well. I have come to the realization that Michael and I were never meant to be.

He is everything I'm not. I'm wild, crazy and hyper. He's calm, relaxed and collected. We were never a match.

I was meant for someone like Kai. No, I was meant for Kai. We fit. It feels like the puzzle pieces connect.

So, to conclude, we were great together. Which led to me asking Kai to America with me this weekend. I thought he might say no since he would be meeting my parents—despite the fact we're technically not dating—but he agreed straight away much to my astonishment.

Kai actually said he wanted to meet my parents and friends. He wanted to get to know the American gal who moved to England for a fresh start. I am not going to lie, I was a bit apprehensive at first when he told me that. I was a hormonal teenager the last time I was in America—many people knew me as the girl who tried to get with the whole school population. Obviously, I'm different now. I've had sex and I've learned strategies on how to deal with my intense sexual drives.

"What are you going to say to your parents?" Sadie asks me, lying on my bed, flicking through one of my magazines.

I shrug my shoulders, not entirely sure. Do I think my parents will accept Kai? I'm not sure. There are two sides to Kai that I've recently discovered. There is my Kai who annoys the hell out of me. And then there's the other Kai, the one he shows to the rest of the world. The charming, charismatic, swoon-worthy male.

I'm sure my parents will like him.

"I'm going to tell them most of the truth," I answer, shrugging my shoulders. Sadie arches an eyebrow and gives me an expectant look to elaborate. "Well, I'm going to tell them that I love him and that there's nothing they can do about it."

Sadie gapes at me for a second. When she regains some sort of control, she grins ear to ear."That's my girl!" She hollers, jumping onto her knees. "I thought I lost my strong independent Ren but now I know that you're officially back, I couldn't be happier."

I smirk at her and sassily flick a clump of hair over my shoulder. "Hell yeah."

Sadie blasts the song 'Wild Ones' by Flo Rida and Sia and starts to dance on my bed. It's like my body starts to lose control too since I'm swaying to the beat, letting myself loose.I don't remember getting on the bed with Sadie or jumping up and down on it. But I do remember Sadie face planting the floor and me laughing about it.