Chapter 11

Hot N Cold - Katy Perry

Chapter 11

Word count: 1636

***

Four hours.

I've been sat with Kai for four hours watching Marvel films and we haven't strangled each other yet. Well, I haven't strangled him yet. I'm classing that as a success. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't said anything offensive yet. It's unlike him.

In fact, I've enjoyed being with him. We've been making jokes about the things that happen.

This is proof that we can get along - that we can talk without fighting.

"Have you eaten all of the food, blondie?" Kai asks me, staring down at the empty packets of food and then back up at me. I shrug my shoulders, not caring. "You totally have."

"Have not." And here we go. I think.

"I fancy hot food. How about dominoes pizza?" Kai suggests, deciding not to argue. It surprised me - he's never done that before.

"Pizza sounds good," I tell him and shuffle off of the bed. Kai copies my movement and stretches. The end of his top rides up, exposing his abs and tanned stomach. I'm not going to lie, he has a great body. A smokin' body. If only I could say the same for his personality.

"Checking me out?" Kai questions, smirking.

I snort. "As if." Lie.

Kai either doesn't notice I've lied or can't be bothered to point it out because his attention moves to his ringing phone. He pulls it out and answers the call, in a harsh voice. "What?"

I pretend to be interested in cleaning the rubbish on my bed but I keep my ears open. What can I say? I'm a curious cat. That's it right? Because curiosity killed the cat. Oh, wait. Nevermind then.

"What the hell man? No." Kai hisses into his phone. "Well, you can tell mum that I don't want to go. Ask Jordan."

I wonder who he's talking to. He said mum so could he be talking to a sibling? Whose Jordan?

Gosh, I really am nosy.

Oh well. It's fun being nosy.

"Whatever. Just tell her I'm sick or something." Kai says. "Bye."

He jabs his phone back into his pocket and turns to me with an irritated expression on his face. Is this a good time for me to make a joke about his appearance? Probably not.

"You okay there?" I ask him, feeling...concerned. Say what??

"Fine," Kai sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Pizza, right?"

I nod my head. "Sure."

*

"So you how many boyfriends have you had?" Kai randomly asks me as we walk back from the pizza place. I start choking on a sweet I bought at his out of the blue question.

"Why would I tell you that?" I question him when I recover. A small smile plays on his lips and his eyes shine with mischief.

"Because I'm curious."

Of course you are.

I roll my eyes and remain silent. I'm not going to tell him about my boyfriend - the asshole known as Micheal. Although, I'm curious about what his reaction will be. Before I spent time with him today, I think he would have laughed in my face but now...I'm not so sure. That's a good thing...right?