XXX. Recollect (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

The Chou's wanted to have a party for the 11th anniversary of the company. That's when Tzuyu was introduced to Nayeon. Right off the bat, she didn't like Nayeon at all. But Nayeon was still very polite to her and always offered to play with her whenever they met.

During their junior high years, Tzuyu pretended not to know Nayeon or even acknowledged her presence. She didn't want to have anything to do with her. There wasn't a day where her parents never pushed her to hang out with Nayeon. She would always her name. Nayeon this, Nayeon that. It's not like her parents brought Nayeon up like an empirical figure. Tzuyu just hated how her name was mentioned all the time.

In comparison, Tzuyu was quite mean to Nayeon than when they went to high school. Tzuyu did everything she could to make her parents notice her. She took up stuff painting, music, theater. Heck, she even did a bit of ballet.

Her parents never fully neglected her. But the maids and guards felt more like her parents and they became parental figures to Tzuyu.

They say that changed her life forever was when her parents missed Tzuyu's big ballet recital for a—what Tzuyu said before in air-quotes "important dinner meeting".

Engulfed by disdain and blind sighted fury, a wicked plan formed in Tzuyu's head. If she couldn't capture her parents' hearts, she would just have to result to drastic measures.

Fast forward to high school. That's when things only got worse. Tzuyu got into all sorts of trouble. She started smoking—the only reason she got the cigarettes is by threatening one of the guards to buy it for her or else he would get fired. She got into fights; Nayeon became part of that equation. There was one time where Tzuyu deliberately placed a bag of weed she bought on the counter for her parents to see.

Her parents were furious with Tzuyu's reckless behavior. Although Tzuyu felt kind of terrible for behaving like that, her reason was that this was her parents' own upbringing. But the girl was in too deep and soon got guzzled in with the mess she made. All the pocket money she had would be spent on her bad deeds.

Tzuyu was angry with everything and everyone that she passed. She hated how things turned out but couldn't turn to anyone. Her focused anger was then turned to Nayeon. Tzuyu wanted a way to make Nayeon feel some pain. When her parents told her that Nayeon had gone blind and started using canes, Tzuyu was malevolently relieved. She then pushed Nayeon around and always took her cane. Every time she saw her it would be; taunt, shove, take her cane, break it, more taunts, repeat. It happened at least once a day.

Nayeon never understood why Tzuyu was doing so but she didn't alter her attitude towards Tzuyu. The situation made Nayeon become considerate of a Tzuyu. She wanted to reach out to her when Nayeon's parents told her about all the bad things happening with the Chou's. But she didn't know how to or if it was her place since she knew that Tzuyu wouldn't accept her help. In a way, Nayeon tried to help Tzuyu by being her punching bag to relieve some of her frustration. Tzuyu never once laid a hand on her ever since Jeongyeon came.

Nayeon was and still is grateful for Jeongyeon. But because Nayeon had such a caring and unselfish nature, she thought that she was only being a burden to Jeongyeon. But Jeongyeon didn't think like that. She would gladly fight anyone for Nayeon without a second thought.

Tzuyu felt like she had everything that a teen could want but she knew deep down that wasn't exactly the case. She felt cheated on by life, dragged by the collar and left with bloody knees. It's like things couldn't get better from here.

Suddenly, a ray of sunshine cane into Tzuyu's life. Someone to take all her problems away. To be her partner and guide to the road of resolution. Tzuyu met Sana Minatozaki on the first day of freshmen year. Sana had immediately caught her attention and Tzuyu knew she needed her to be her girlfriend. To Tzuyu, Sana had an electrical vibe that made her want to protect her when in fact, it was Tzuyu that needed to be protected, to be saved from her demons.