XXX. Recollect (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Nayeon turned to Suzy, giving her an apologetic look and handing her the other bottle of wine.

"Hey, could you give us some privacy? So sorry you had to come in between this."

Shocked, Suzy nodded her head and complied.
"Yeah yeah. No problem. If you need anything, you know where to find me."
Smiling at Nayeon for the last time, she hopped off the stool and went into her room, closing the door with her foot.

Thank god Suzy is so understanding. I can't believe I have such a considerate roommate. I need to repay her for this.

Once the two were all alone, Nayeon went to face Tzuyu. She didn't seem to be impatient or annoyed at all. Frankly, it was hard to ever read Tzuyu since she gave off giant-brick-wall-that-could-come-to-life-and-kick-you-if-you-weren't-looking vibes.

"Let's have some wine."

Nayeon went to fetch some glasses. She placed them down on the counter. Tzuyu walked over and sat down on a stool, facing Nayeon who was pouring wine for the two of them.

"Thanks," Tzuyu said after Nayeon stopped pouring into the glass that she held in her hand.

Nayeon took the stool in front of her and sighed. She folded her hands together, not even taking a sip of wine before Tzuyu went off.

"Seems like deja vu, huh?"

"What does?"

"Drinking. How you couldn't handle whiskey the first time you went to my house. Was that really your first time drinking? (A/N: Chapter xxvii. Hit Or Miss)" Tzuyu laughed, taking a huge gulp of the wine like it was water. It seemed like she already became comfortable with their tiny dorm room.

"Yes, like I said before. I don't drink. Not until that point. I didn't consume anything else until I started college. Wine really helps me concentrate."

"Hmm..you should thank me then." Tzuyu laughed again, tilting her glass to Nayeon.

She hadn't even touched her glass that wasn't getting any colder the longer Nayeon didn't touch it. Tzuyu had noticed that too.

Nayeon lightly scoffed, not out of spite. "Perhaps, you really were a terrible person."

"Yup, and that's why we're here today."

Nodding, Nayeon stared at the untouched glass of wine. She twiddled with her fingers, deep in thought. The silence between them wasn't lacking any grace of socializing. Admittedly, they both internally agreed that the pause was very much wanted.

Tzuyu needed that moment of stillness to collect her thoughts. She was in a bit of a muddle. First, she had to apologize. She understood that perfectly.

"I'm sorry, Nayeon."

Well, that was a start.

Before Tzuyu and Nayeon were born yet, their parents worked in a company together. For as long as they could remember, both of their families were always doing well. The Im's firstly had Nayeon in their thirties. Not long after, Tzuyu was born. The Chou's decided not to have any more kids due to their busy schedule. But the Im's were ecstatic to know that they were going to have another baby, two actually.

Their parents started out as employees in a tiny office in 1989 and in ten years, grew to be owners of a prominent cargo transportation business. The Im's wanted to expand and separate from the company and did so before their Twin's were conceived. They started doing real estate and it turned out as successful as their job in the company. However, the Chou's wanted their best friends to be connected in some way and proposed a partnership. The Im's agreed so until now, they hold a small fraction of the company.