Chapter 32: The Merging

Naruto, Fu, Kisame, and Itachi were heading to the Hidden Cloud Village to "talk" to the jinchuurikis.

"So, what's our plan?" Fu asked.

"I think I know who does." Kisame joked, while looking at Naruto.

*chuckle* "I do have a plan." Everyone turned to Naruto. "Me and Kisame will go after the 8 tails and Fu and Itachi will go after the 2 tails."

"Why not use our actual teams?" Fu questioned.

"The Raikage and the 8 tails are brothers. So me and Kisame are will do perfectly against them. And you and Itachi can easily take down the 2 tails and the cloud nin that are defending her." Naruto explained.

"Is there anyone thats smarter than you." Fu joked.

"I can only think of 2 people." Naruto admitted.

"And who are they?" Kisame asked.

"That's for you all to find out."

Later they decided to set up a camp for the night. Kisame was sound asleep and Fu and Itachi were eating in front of the fire.

Naruto was alone sitting against a tree. Naruto showed showed his forearms to where he could see his tattoos.

"This all came at a very big cost."

*Flashback*

Naruto was running to his secret training ground, so he could get away from his parents.

It's been 2 months since Kushina and Minato found out the truth about Naruto. And they were trying desperately to get to know Naruto.

They tried taking him out to dinner, giving him presents, and just talking to him. But everytime they tried, he just kept quiet and walked away.

Naruto stopped and looked around to see if he was followed. He activated his demon to eyes to see if there were any heat signatures. Naruto didn't find anything.

*sigh* "Finally, I can relax." Naruto plopped on the ground.

"You know, you can always just put yourself out your misery." Kyuubi joked.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea." Naruto actually considered.

"I was joking you idiot." Kuruma said with a irritated tone.

"I know, I'm just messing with ya."

*sigh* "Come see me." Kuruma instructed.

"Ok...?" Naruto listened and sat down criss cross. He closed his eyes and entered his mindscape.

*Naruto's Mindscape*

Naruto looked up to see Kuruma laying down, like he always does. But what caught Narutos eye was  that Kuruma was...

"Your fading." Naruto said with a sad look on his face.

Kuruma grinned. "I'm not fading, our souls are merging."

"Why is it happening and how do we stop it?" Naruto instantly asked.

"He gets what's going to happen."

"It's happening because 2 souls cannot be housed in the same body. I have tried my best keep myself from merging with you up until now." Kuruma explained.

Naruto was trying make sense of what he said. He was scared of losing Kuruma, he's been there for him his entire life.

"Will I still be able to talk to you?"